Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Bit of a random geeky question but I've been looking back at my mile splits (again) and wondered if other people's were similar. The question is.... what were your 2 slowest miles??
    For me the 2nd slowest was mile 4 and the slowest was mile 12. Fastest mile 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

JMSE wrote: »
    Bit of a random geeky question but I've been looking back at my mile splits (again) and wondered if other people's were similar. The question is.... what were your 2 slowest miles??

Mine was 9-10, the drag into the park and 11-12, Magazine hill and Glen Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Fastest: 3 and 4.
    Slowest:13 and 19
    (Kms)

They seemed to have dropped the 10km run for 2018, which seems a pity.
    Really enjoyed it the last couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭zedhead

Fastest were miles 2 & 3 and slowest were 9 & 12

• Advertisement

Ah no. There seemed to be a lot of people doing it, and it's hardly any extra hassle as it's the same route. Seems a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

People were asking about the 10k on FB and the response from RnR was that registration would be offered once they had approval for the course. They didn't say anything about when that might be likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Noticed that too. Hopefully they do put on the 10k as I'd do it and drag the hubbie along too. The young man would love it too but often 10k's are restricted for u18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Fastest: 1 & 10 (was at very front of my corral so went out quick!!!)
    Slowest: 19 & 20 (Military road & Furry Glen road slowed me down)

Fastest miles for me were 2 & 6.
    Slowest miles for me were 8 & 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Slowest 17 and 19 k
    Fastest 9k and 21k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Slowest 1 & 4, fastest 6 & 10

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Random Question #2
    Did anyone get passed out by the 2 hour pacer at any stage, he was bombing along at Inchicore!

Not sure if he is a Boardie but I was starting to panic that my Garmin was on the blink as I was running with a friend who wanted to break 2 hours for the first time and we were aiming for 1:57/1:58 when he zipped past. A girl in his group said that he was looking to 'bank' a few minutes for the hills at the end, we only caught up him at the top of the Upper Glen Road, when he seemed to slow down a bit.

Panic over, sub 2 hours achieved, an Erdinger and a Hot Dog calmed us down afterwards ;)

Also, we ended up doing 21.3 Km's, so we hit 1:58, we were blessed we didn't just aim for 1:59:59 as we wouldn't have made it.....:D Anyone else come across these issues?

Great race BTW, I would defo do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

Fastest were miles 6 and 10, slowest were 4 and 12. I remember mile 12 being particularly awful....running up Upper Glen and my legs decided they were definitely not happy! Mile 6 was down that big hill towards Inchicore/Chapelizod and mile 10 was down the Kyber so got a good bit of steam going!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Just seen that the people behind the 70.3 ironman are promoted the race for 2018 on the 12th of August. The same day as the rock n roll half. I wonder if this means a new route for either? And cousinthis be the reason behind no 10k pre sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭28064212

AAD wrote: »
    Just seen that the people behind the 70.3 ironman are promoted the race for 2018 on the 12th of August. The same day as the rock n roll half. I wonder if this means a new route for either? And cousinthis be the reason behind no 10k pre sale.
    Showing as "TBD" on the Ironman site. It's extremely unlikely that both would go ahead on the same weekend, never mind the same day

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Labcoats and Running Shoes

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ironman bought out Rock n Roll which goes some of the way towards explaining why the race is so expensive! I'd say they just haven't firmed up details for all of the races yet. Generally from what I've seen, the 70.3 is the weekend before DCTri and Rock n Roll is before the 70.3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Ironman bought out Rock n Roll which goes some of the way towards explaining why the race is so expensive! I'd say they just haven't firmed up details for all of the races yet. Generally from what I've seen, the 70.3 is the weekend before DCTri and Rock n Roll is before the 70.3.

Chinese billionaire adds Rock 'n' Roll Marathons to Ironman Empire

Maybe he'll reintroduce prize money. :rolleyes:

Bumping an old thread to say that there's 17% off this Fri & Sat (16/03 & 17/03) for all distances with the code LUCKYPADDY

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I've just tried too enter with the code and its not working at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

I've just tried too enter with the code and its not working at the minute.

It worked for me this morning. Not as good as last year's offer, but every bit helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,446 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Crazy price for the half marathon even with the discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Crazy price for the half marathon even with the discount.
    How much? Doing a local club run one on Sunday. 16 euro. Anything more than 30 for a Half is pushing it. Unless it's Manhattan we're talking about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Came out at €26 if entering the National Championships. I wouldn't call it crazy price to be honest. About standard for this part of the world.

More expensive if you are not a club member though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Hope people like hills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Ha, I was thinking what incline are people going to have an issue with this time and then I saw the half route!

What's with the squiggly routes around Stoneybatter?

Hurrache wrote: »
    Ha, I was thinking what incline are people going to have an issue with this time and then I saw the half route!

What's with the squiggly routes around Stoneybatter?

Haha people will welcome back the Park in future :D

Thats the 5k route

Ah rubbish. So no finish in the Park with nice concert like last year. Boooo.

Ah rubbish. So no finish in the Park with nice concert like last year. Boooo.

Imagine will be a good set up at Kilmainhaim Gaol.

(provided you survive Knockmaroon, Anglers Rest and St Lawrence Road :pac:)

• Advertisement

Imagine will be a good set up at Kilmainhaim Gaol.

(provided you survive Knockmaroon, Anglers Rest and St Lawrence Road :pac:)

Oh God stop *wails* I haven't been this unfit I'm years. Haven't run in over 6 months. That's motivation to get moving again I suppose. Arghhh

Advertisement