Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Funk - Daft Punk Tribute - Opium - May 20th

Options
  • 16-03-2017 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I seen on Facebook Opium have a Daft Punk Tribute in May, has anyone seen them before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dadawg

I seen on Facebook Opium have a Daft Punk Tribute in May, has anyone seen them before?

Yeah they played at my mates wedding and they rocked it! Replica helmets, suits and all. Music was amazing, not what you'd expect at a wedding ha but the crowd went wild for it.

I actually seen them later in 2016 in Karma Athlone. We all felt like we had just seen Daft Punk after it! A few drinks were had yes but they we're amazing for a tribute act.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Ah perfect!  I'll head along Saturday for the craic so :)

Ah perfect!  I'll head along Saturday for the craic so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

How does a Daft Punk tribute act work?

Wear some shiny outfits, stand behind a desk and press play on a cd?

Sounds like a complete con to me

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Billy Mays wrote: »

slide_237145_1191698_free.jpg

• Advertisement

Well apparently these lads live DJ & do a laser show & all so sounds decent for a tribute but I'll let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Think these might be the guys with the damaged replica helmets. Not my cup of tea but some people are into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think I would just prefer Daft Punk really, I can't imagine this cover band having a lighting rig quite like Daft Punk had in 2007.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I think I would just prefer Daft Punk really, I can't imagine this cover band having a lighting rig quite like Daft Punk had in 2007.

They play all the time, right?

Ha ha yeah I'd doubt they'd have the same lighting rig tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Just arrived, looking forward to it!

What did you think Mike? I thought they were excellent! Stayed on for Gui Boratto after!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

What did you think Mike? I thought they were excellent! Stayed on for Gui Boratto after!

Yes, I agree. They did a great job and looked the part. Next time they play I'll be going along again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I dare say most people prefer the real thing to a tribute band. *stupidhead emoji*

Advertisement