Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Disappointing Eir Customer service.

Options
  • 16-03-2017 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Having problems with Eir broadband since weekend and phoned on Monday evening. After spending a long time going through the problem, I eventually got my service back. Reset modem etc, etc. I have to say that the person on the line was very helpful.
     Same problem occurred again on Tuesday. I phoned requesting something new to be done. After going through same procedure as on Monday with no luck it was decided to send out a replacement modem. Again, the person on phone was very helpful. He assured me that the modem "SHOULD" be with me by today.
     I noticed yesterday that there was a lot of noise on phone line so decided to contact Eir again so that I could be sure that the actual line was not at fault and when I received modem that everything should work. Spoke with a very helpful person again who did all the checks and felt that the line should be ok.
     Needless to say, the modem has not yet arrived on Thursday and as it's a bank holiday weekend, there's every chance that we will be without service all over weekend. Phoned to see could I find out what was happening. Listened to some lovely music for 13 minutes before phone went dead. This is second time this happened during the week. As it is advisable to call on mobile so that technicians can check phone line, I am charged for each 1850 number. I have spent approx 90 minutes on phone to Eir this week.
     As I said earlier, the staff I've spoken with were very helpful but the overall customer service is not good enough............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Jomcc,

I am very sorry to hear this and I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Can you please PM your full name and account number and I can have a look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Jomcc,

I am very sorry to hear this and I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Can you please PM your full name and account number and I can have a look into this for you?

Thanks,
    Anna.
    Eventually got my broadband sorted. Fault in cable before entering house. I see my mobile phone bill to Eir cost me €24.89 + VAT. WHY IS SUPPORT NOT A FREEPHONE NUMBER. This is not acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Jomcc,

I am really sorry to hear this. Our freephone number is 1901 so you should not have been charged for this.

Can you please send me on your account number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi Jomcc,

I am really sorry to hear this. Our freephone number is 1901 so you should not have been charged for this.

Can you please send me on your account number and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Thanks Leanne,
    This is the number shown on your website for Customer Support.

Unfortunately, our technical support number is not a freephone number and that is why we would advise customers to freephone 1901 as 1890 numbers are classes as Lo-call numbers.

I apologise for this.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Unfortunately, our technical support number is not a freephone number and that is why we would advise customers to freephone 1901 as 1890 numbers are classes as Lo-call numbers.

I apologise for this.

Thanks,
    Anna
    When/where do you advise customers to freephone 1901. It is very clear on website that 1890 is the number to ring. Why is technical support not freephone? Sales is.

I can understand your frustration.

When checking online for our contact number the freephone number is listed below.

I do apologise for this however, it is known that these are not freephone numbers and this is stated in our terms and conditions.

-Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭eskerman

After a long time waiting - I finally got EIR - e-fibre connected and so far its fine and I am satisfied. 
    What I am not satisfied with is the long periods of waiting time I have spent trying to actually speak to someone in customer support - there clearly isn't any and I am left listening to disgusting pipped loud rubbish music blasting in my ears for prolonged periods of time waiting to speak to customer support - we are talking up to 30 mins plus waiting for someone to talk to.

EIR

I don't want your poxy pipped music - its not entertaining and its upsetting actually when your frustrated waiting to speak to a human being 

Whatever about the waiting time - give your customers the option of waiting in silence and not that ****e music you force on them - and more important answer the phone when customers call who need support 

Rant over 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eskerman wrote: »
    After a long time waiting - I finally got EIR - e-fibre connected and so far its fine and I am satisfied. 
    What I am not satisfied with is the long periods of waiting time I have spent trying to actually speak to someone in customer support - there clearly isn't any and I am left listening to disgusting pipped loud rubbish music blasting in my ears for prolonged periods of time waiting to speak to customer support - we are talking up to 30 mins plus waiting for someone to talk to.

EIR

I don't want your poxy pipped music - its not entertaining and its upsetting actually when your frustrated waiting to speak to a human being 

Whatever about the waiting time - give your customers the option of waiting in silence and not that ****e music you force on them - and more important answer the phone when customers call who need support 

Rant over 
    Hi there,

Glad to hear you've had your fibre broadband installed.

In regards to the hold times, I'm afraid we'd have no control over this as the time it takes to get through to an agent can be longer during busier periods. I will pass your feedback about the hold music on to the relevant department.

- Adam

Advertisement