Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down in the dumps over business :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I think you did great. You have learned a lot more about business doing this than you would have learned if you'd spent $250,000 on a Harvard MBA. Look at all this as an investment in yourself.

+1

I can't think of a better education.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

PM Me, I know you from the united forum so would be happy to help you out.

I could help you with a website, free of charge so long as you're happy to pay for the domain and hosting yourself :)

• Site Banned Posts: 129 ✭✭nosilver

Setting up your own website and trying to make good turnover to cover costs will be difficult especially in the toy trade where margins are very small. (as you know)

One option to look at is to offer your expertise in listing on amazon to local Irish companies and get paid a fee + commission.

Quite a few companies even within the toy trade are based here, gosling games and natures craft (Irish jigsaws), are two I know of and there are bound to be others within the same sphere.

Sometimes the expertise you have built is the valuable part.

OP, people like you are an inspiration to me who is about to embark on the same journey. Ive came up with a figurine design which i am currently making in China. I genuinely wish you well.

Perhaps its time though to rejig your whole supply chain? Can you drop ship from China perhaps at a small extra cost or can it be more profitable to import into and sell from Ireland?

Do you need amazon at this stage? You have established demand so that is something. For example, Im planning on opening my own site (starting off with a shopify template) and selling from that.

The nature of business is to constantly move and pivot as the times and environment change. You have received some top advice here from posters. Im not sure how much ive actually added but dont be a stranger - pm me if you need anything more.

You would benefit from others offering fresh perspective because we all get too close our projects.

Advertisement