Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar Public vs Private

Options
  • 16-03-2017 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I went public on my 1st pregnancy and besides a lot of waiting for appointments and a lack of scans, I found the care very good. I had no problem with the ward after having my baby, room of 6, all of us were sections and 5 of us breastfeeding so was nice to have people to bounce questions off. Stayed 5nights including night before labour as I had the gel at 7pm.

Had a miscarriage in January and have good health insurance so I'm considering private but is the care any different? Don't really care about th ward afterwards.

Private friends in Dublin hospitals are scanned At each appointment and have no waiting times for appointments.

There's little information on th website, what's the cost like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

I went public on my 1st pregnancy and besides a lot of waiting for appointments and a lack of scans, I found the care very good. I had no problem with the ward after having my baby, room of 6, all of us were sections and 5 of us breastfeeding so was nice to have people to bounce questions off. Stayed 5nights including night before labour as I had the gel at 7pm.

Had a miscarriage in January and have good health insurance so I'm considering private but is the care any different? Don't really care about th ward afterwards.

Private friends in Dublin hospitals are scanned At each appointment and have no waiting times for appointments.

There's little information on th website, what's the cost like?

I am not being rude here, but simply phone them and you'll get all the info you need. Even if you just phone the maternity unit they could probably put you in touch with the right person to answer your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Lumina wrote: »
    I am not being rude here, but simply phone them and you'll get all the info you need. Even if you just phone the maternity unit they could probably put you in touch with the right person to answer your questions.

Not rude at all, just haven't been able to be "alone" to ring them, I'll ring tomorrow.

Would still be interested in people's experiences with private there if that's ok, if they felt it was worth it for example, thanks!

Advertisement