Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meaning of "order discharging notice of unenforceability"

Options
  • 16-03-2017 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I was in the small claim courts where the judgement went in my favor. This meant that the court would enforce the repayment of a sum that the defendant had owed me, which was the deposit on a rented apartment. However, the defendant was now on the dole. They were means tested and found that they could not make the repayment. As such, a Notice of Unenforceability was issued. THis went to court where it could be appealed. I gave evidence that the defendant was subletting the apartment, income that was not disclosed during their means test.

At the end of the hearing, the court issued a "Order discharging notice of unenforceability".

I dont know what this means :-(

I was wondering if someone more knowledgeable could give the meaning to the term?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,723 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It means that the Notice of Unenforceability is set aside or voided.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

It means that the Notice of Enforceability is set aside or voided.

Go raibh maith agat for the response, hullabaloo.

I guess if the notice of enforceability is set aside or voided, it means that I wont be getting my money back.

That is very disappointing. It seems very unfair that if someone owes you a sum of money, they can go on the dole and legally not ever have to repay it back. :-(

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up hullabaloo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Doesn't it mean that the order of unforceability is set aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Really Interested

I think you mean the notice of unrnforceability is set aside. So the original order to pay can be reserved by the relevant person.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,723 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Sorry, brain fart. I meant to refer to the notice of unenforceability.

That is a good thing from your perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Thanks folks. Thats good news, I was worried of the latter where they would not have to repay me back. Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement