Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 5), March 17-18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

We (Limerick) badly need a win this weekend...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big chance for Bohs to pick up another 3 points and keep the run going. Would put a bit of a gap between us and the bottom 3 already.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Dundalk v Pats(7pm) & Derry v Drogs(3pm) are both being played on Saturday.

Think we'll beat Pats who haven't gotten going yet at all.I believe Rogers will be back for Dundalk with McMillan also set for a return after respective injuries.Shields expected to be in the starting xi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Desperately need a win against Bray on Saturday night. Dreadful start to season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wonder will the festivities of St Patrick's Day add or subtract from the attendances tonight. What do you guys reckon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wonder will the festivities of St Patrick's Day add or subtract from the attendances tonight. What do you guys reckon?

I think you can safely say that you'll be able to get a seat at Ferrycarrig Park for Wexford FC V UCD.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Cork very lucky to win that, they were holding on for the draw for the last twenty minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Hard to see anything but a comfortable win for Dundalk tomorrow night. We've been rotten so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hopefully another 3pts for us v Drogs tomorrow, but its the kinda game Derry might draw after beating Dundalk, Rovers and Bohs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

dfx- wrote: »
    Cork very lucky to win that, they were holding on for the draw for the last twenty minutes

Been a tough fixture list, but fairly bad start to the season for Rovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

We were mighty lucky to go into half-time 0-0, and then incredibly unlucky to concede at all in the second. Far better performance from Wexford thankfully. 242 at Ferrycarrig, was afraid it would be even less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I fully expect 6000+ for Dundalk visit to Turners Cross Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

gimmick wrote: »

Considering the Sligo game got 2,700 & the Dundalk game is at 3pm on a saturday. I would be very surprised of over 6000 showed up. Probably closer to 5000.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Amirani wrote: »
    Been a tough fixture list, but fairly bad start to the season for Rovers.

It's a tough return in terms of points, but performances have been encouraging. Tonight was probably the best performance of the season, Cork were hanging on, delighted with the point and Maguire was anonymous for long stretches. Burke looks an excellent player, he was running the show tonight.

Ultimately though, they were two gifted goals and that's arguably 4 points left behind in a week at home. The pressure is on now alright with 'easier' fixtures to pick up points at the end too. The win in Galway was huge for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Tell me this is on live.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Tell me this is on live.

I think RTE are showing it.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Considering the Sligo game got 2,700 & the Dundalk game is at 3pm on a saturday. I would be very surprised of over 6000 showed up. Probably closer to 5000.

2700 on a Monday clashing with Manyoo is quite impressive.

No PL football next week. So no reason why it won't be 6000+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Delighted to get the 3 points up at Tallaght, Rovers will be sickened because City were shocking but if we are winning these games playing like that then I am very excited about what we'll do when we actually play some ball. Saying that, Rovers were crap aswell, for all their possesion they hadnt a clue bar a shot off the bar.

Shocking Rovers crowd I though, but a healthy away following with a good athmosphere. Great smash and grab, job done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Slight delay in Buncrana...

2ngqtlj.jpg

If Bradley doesn't think CCFC are a great side I would like to know what he does consider is. Aggregate score from his 3 games against us us 10-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

If Bradley doesn't think CCFC are a great side I would like to know what he does consider is. Aggregate score from his 3 games against us us 10-1.

Bradley is a spoof, he's a long way out of his depth. Talking about a title challenge one week and then the next on about how its a long term project and it will take more than a season. His comments about Maguire and Cork City before the game is the talk of a clueless man, you wouldnt get it in the Munster Senior League. Im 100% certain he wont last the season.

Maybe if he spent more time coaching and managing his team over doing photo shoots and media days he wouldnt come across as such an idiot. Delighted we robbed them last night, felt fantastic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

4-0 at Buncrana. Roll on the Limerick replay on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

McEleney scored two of the finest goals tonight that you will see in the LOI for many a day.He really is a touch of class.He also laid on the first for Kilduff.

Pats are now a former shadow of the fine team they used to be,had a spell of about 10 mins first half but were poor and indeed very poor for most and are in bad shape.

Dundalk took the foot off the pedal once they got the three goal lead and cruised home thereafter.

Limerick are in for another relegation scrap.

They really are a confidence team as when they have lost the first goals against Bohs & Finn Harps they struggled badly despite getting a draw today.

Not sure why Ogbene is not getting more game time he was lively against Bohs despite being a bit raw. Clarke has been very poor. Turner is very inconsitent & his first touch is poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

McEleney scored two of the finest goals tonight that you will see in the LOI for many a day.He really is a touch of class.He also laid on the first for Kilduff.
    That first goal was just sublime. Can't wait to see it again. Effortlessly gliding past four or five Pats players before lifting it over the keeper. One of the finest goals ever scored in Oriel. He has more goals already this season than the whole of last year.

Rovers were in disarray last season playing half of the u19 team in those games last season.

Despite the results so far I think Rovers have improved. They won't challenge for the league but will be a lot closer than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Important win for us last night, but we are still terrible. If I didn't have a ST I don't think I could justify €15 to watch it. It's completely understandable why our crowds are barely above 1,000 already. Robertson will get us relegated if he's allowed to continue.

Sadlier the best player on the pitch and won it for us with a superb freekick. I can see Caulfield offering a few thousand to sign him in the summer instead of waiting until November.

Advertisement