Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explain In Detail

Options
  • 16-03-2017 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, my question is that, I talked to one of your worker about Electricity Ireland meter to top up myself. He told me that it's no problem and when someone comes to install the meter, we will be given €175 credit. Now why did you send me a letter saying I have to pay €300 for deposit in 10 working days?
    Thanks,
    Angel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Angel,

Thanks for getting in touch.

All new customers with Electric Ireland are required to pay a deposit of €300, unless they register for a Pay As You Go meter, or for direct debit payments.

The letter advising of the security deposit is an automatic letter, issued to new customers.

As you have advised a Pay As You Go (PAYG) meter is to be installed in your property, then you will not have to pay the security deposit. We apologise for any confusion caused.

If you have not arranged an installation date for your PAYG meter, we would recommend calling a member of the Electric Ireland Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday.

We hope this helps. Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement