Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The person you like least in football? MOD Warning post#1

• 16-03-2017 11:07pm

A player, or manager, or pundit...anyone linked to the game.

I just can't stand Gary Linekar. The smarmy scripted quips. The occasional Twitter row that suggest he finds it hard to let go. The fact that by all accounts, and not just the internet "famous people I met" reviews but including from a couple of people I know who dealt with him, he is usually described as fairly vile.

[MOD WARNING]Abuse is abuse, anyone who breaches that rule or any other in this thread will receive the appropriate sanction.[MOD WARNING]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Richard Keys. Could never fúcking stand him, even before all those videos were leaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah please won't someone think of the Liverpool/ Man Utd rivalry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

A player, or manager, or pundit...anyone linked to the game.

I just can't stand Gary Linekar. The smarmy scripted quips. The occasional Twitter row that suggest he finds it hard to let go. The fact that by all accounts, and not just the internet "famous people I met" reviews but including from a couple of people I know who dealt with him, he is usually described as fairly vile.

Vardy.

• Advertisement

Billy Bingham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Raheem Sterling . I would love too punch. Ungrateful and an fairly average player for all his smugness. I'm a united fan btw.

Honourable mention Eden Hazard for his smugness. I could name nearly the entire Chelsea club . Something just rotten about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Neil Warnock

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Billy Bingham

No denying he let himself down in that infamous meeting...but in the 80s his teams seemed to have a great bond that transcended politics and sectarianism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pat Dolan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jose mourinho

/end thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

John Terry, Fat Frank and Joey Barton

Detestable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Don't hate but dislike Merson, Savage and Shearer. I don't think they contribute anything as pundits. No insight whatsoever. There's probably plenty more who are similar but those three stand out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Whiskey nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Giggs and Terry. Forget football, what they did to friends and family was just scummy.

I also hate Carragher for ruining MNF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Scholes annoys me. Didn't say a word while playing now he won't shut the **** up.

Diouf gets an honourable mention

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Sergio Busquets

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Fieldog wrote: »
    John Terry, Fat Frank and Joey Barton

Detestable

Terry and Barton I totally understand, but what has Lampard done do deserve being lumped with that pair?

One of the games few good ones IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Joey Barton

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Jose mourinho

/end thread

No.. Always enjoyed Jose. Even though he's at that club. I like arrogance when it's backed up by achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jose.

Could be many soft yellows in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Vardy.

I intensely dislike Neil Ruddock as well. The only player I've seen recount breaking another players leg with relish and glee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It takes a lot for me to dislike someone so these are mainly just for scummy tackles.

Defoe on Craig Gordon a few years ago - meant to do him, broke his arm, damaged his career back then

Mark Quigley threw in the worst tackle I've ever seen in the flesh on a young lad (coughlan iirc) during a match at Richmond Park years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Julio Geordio.
    Player and a gentleman me arse!

Sand wrote: »
    Vardy.

I intensely dislike Neil Ruddock as well. The only player I've seen recount breaking another players leg with relish and glee.

Ruddock is a good call. Just not sure I hate him, more dislike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Pepe :mad: , Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

It used to be Martin Keown. But he's grown on me as a pundit.

There's so many to choose from these days.

Spurs squad as a whole :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

El Hadji Diouf.

An utterly detestable character.

I'd accept a player kicking other players 100 times over someone spitting on another person even once, its one of the scummiest things that can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Barton , Terry, Vinny Jones , Phil Thompson, Paul Merson , Nasri

All either nasty individuals or dull and uninformed pundits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jose Mourinho.

Paul Scholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I am starting to dislike Gary Lineker since he suddenly became a social justice warrior.

Currently playing, Cesc Fabregas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Steven gerrard - the yellow for describing him just isn't worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

John Delaney.

Milking Irish football. Totally overpaid.

Should have been sacked over the abject failure of corporate seat sales for the new Lansdowne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Michel Platini.

He supported Qatars WC bid.

And now hes frozen out of UEFA.

Brown Envelopes anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Steven gerrard - the yellow for describing him just isn't worth it

I can't think of a thing he has said or done to be described as the least likeable guy in football .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Ronaldo...and nothing anyone can say can convince me otherwise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Neil Warnock, seems to hate everyone but himself.

Steve Bruce, just strikes me as a massive chancer.

Sam Allardyce. I actually stood up for him til he got full of himself and also him and Fergie teaming up to bully Benitez.

Fergie, see above, "he could have been killed!", just some of the reasons, also sick of the media pandering to him.

Raymond Domenech, a joke of a manager and his disastrous 2010 WC showed how pathetic a man he was.

Barton for being a pure scumbag.

Roy Keane for being a condescending prick and the Haaland incident.

Football-related... Am I really the first to say Dunphy? Get angry with myself for saying that cause that's exactly what he wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Danny Mills

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Alex Ferguson for stealing Eric Cantona from Leeds (that transfer fee could only be described as robbery, even back then when transfer fees weren't as ludicrous as they are now) and using him to make Man Utd good again. Yeah I know there was the "Class of 92" and all that, but Cantona was the driving force behind their resurgence. The whole thing was a bit of a kick to each bollock individually.

And Neil Warnock, just for being Neil Warnock. There have been many dark days in Leeds recent history, but his appointment as manager was one of the darkest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Has anyone mentioned Sepp yet? Can't see me liking Shakespeare much, couldn't stand him at school either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I can't think of a thing he has said or done to be described as the least likeable guy in football .

Well he admitted to punching a man 3 times in a brawl over what music was being played, in self defence of course (though the other man never threw a punch, and Gerrard was there with a group). Less believable reason people don't like him, the Internet rumour, that was reported in mainstream media, (it was reported as rumour not fact) he was supposed to be having an affair with his wife's 16 year old sister.

My picks would be

Lee Hughes Telford United. Killed one man, left another wheelchair bound in drink driving collision and fled the scene and was on run for over a day. He made the family go through court case by pleading not guilty to causing death by reckless driving. Also assaulted a woman a few years ago.

Luke McCormick, Plymouth Argyle. Caused death of two young children drink driving.

Lesser extent:
    Steve Evans Mansfield Town. Dubious financial dealings at Crawley and just seems genuinely unpleasant.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Zaph wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson for stealing Eric Cantona from Leeds (that transfer fee could only be described as robbery, even back then when transfer fees weren't as ludicrous as they are now) and using him to make Man Utd good again. Yeah I know there was the "Class of 92" and all that, but Cantona was the driving force behind their resurgence. The whole thing was a bit of a kick to each bollock individually.

And Neil Warnock, just for being Neil Warnock. There have been many dark days in Leeds recent history, but his appointment as manager was one of the darkest.

Ah no, I remember the day Cantona left thinking "a million, for a sub, not bad"!

Neil Warnock was hard to take, but thought his "it's grim up North" outlook might suit Leeds. For me, Steve Evans was way worse, cos he was such an obvious clown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Suarez. Great player but such a sneaky bastard. Doesn't care if anybody knows that and maybe that's something to be admired but don't like him any more for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Marco Materazzi was horrible but also gas. Look up his highlights real. Reckless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I am starting to dislike Gary Lineker since he suddenly became a social justice warrior.

Currently playing, Cesc Fabregas.

Funny, I've really warned to Lineker with all that stuff.

I never liked Kevin Muscat. A thug of a player.

Still playing Charlie Adam for similar reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Sinisa Mijhailovic. Sneaky. Violent.

Ashley Young (can't stand to see him in a United jersey). Repeatedly caught for diving.

Luis Suarez. Superb player, but he will try to gain advantage by diving or claiming elbows at the drop of a hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

deadybai wrote: »
    Raheem Sterling . I would love too punch. Ungrateful and an fairly average player for all his smugness. I'm a united fan btw.
    Was watching him the other night v Monaco. He hid in that game. He was fed the ball in his wide position on loads of occasions but not once tried to take on his opponent and just kept passing the ball back inside to where it came from. A 49million pound player who hides when needed most.
    I'm not a Man City fan, if I was he'd be first against the wall. If I was Guardiola he'd be the next to get rid of this summer as he builds his own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

My next opponent.

*This is a lie. I so do not play football .

Tim Sherwood for having stupid floppy hair in the mid ninties.

• Advertisement
Advertisement