Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The person you like least in football? MOD Warning post#1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Samir Nasri, I don't even know I detest him so much. Every time I see him play I get the urge to round house kick him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Lewandowski

Suarez

Busquets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Luis Suarez. Not for the diving, otherwise it'd be a long list. But repeatedly biting opponents is high on the list of really scummy things to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Wayne Rooney. Served up to us mere mortals as a Christ-like figure by the media for years despite him doing prossie grannies and bottling signing for Manchester City. Even United fans think he's slimey. His exit is going to be a source of months of entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Wayne Rooney. Served up to us mere mortals as a Christ-like figure by the media for years despite him doing prossie grannies and bottling signing for Manchester City. Even United fans think he's slimey. His exit is going to be a source of months of entertainment.

I would have thought this too but he came across well on the bbc documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sergio Busquets for this type of behaviour

2wfqtrd.jpg?1318992465

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    Terry and Barton I totally understand, but what has Lampard done do deserve being lumped with that pair?

One of the games few good ones IMO.

The 9/11 drinking rampage, the sordid sex tape, the walking out on his wife and kids for another woman. One of the good ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The girlfriend hates Nicholas bentnar because he chews gum obnoxiously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The girlfriend hates Nicholas bentnar because he chews gum obnoxiously.

Don't show her Alex Ferguson or Big Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭Patser

Robbie Savage

A mediocre footballer who thought he was world class, continuously getting yellows and whinging while being happy to dive to get others booked.

If it wasn't for the fact he does the best Mills and Boons Pirate impersonation of the 90s, he'd have vanished from memory but instead gets a punditry job and reality show appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Omackeral wrote: »
    Don't show her Alex Ferguson or Big Sam.

Thanks for that I knew I was forgetting someone. Its big Sam for me. He makes it all about him and his tactics when he wins. He also plays really negative football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Was watching him the other night v Monaco. He hid in that game. He was fed the ball in his wide position on loads of occasions but not once tried to take on his opponent and just kept passing the ball back inside to where it came from. A 49million pound player who hides when needed most.
    I'm not a Man City fan, if I was he'd be first against the wall. If I was Guardiola he'd be the next to get rid of this summer as he builds his own team.

except the assist for the goal and creating a huge chance for aguero that he missed. But nothing. He has also been Citys player of the year this season but throw him out.

On topic, i cant think of anyone i really hate, maybe Rio Ferdinand but even then i dont hate him. I need to think this through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Mourinho is easily the most horrible person in football .... eye gouging other coaches, attacking Ronaldo about his gypsy heritage, the way he constantly turns every interview into a headline about him and on and on. The man is classless and an ego maniac.

Mushy wrote: »
    Luis Suarez. Not for the diving, otherwise it'd be a long list. But repeatedly biting opponents is high on the list of really scummy things to do.

The racism wasn't great either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

In terms of players if I dislike them it means they're doing something right. John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Patrick Vieira were all fantastic players but obviously with those rivalries I disliked them a lot at times.

I used to really dislike Mark Hughes but I've got over it, although he still seems to be good at getting points off United.

I detest that Guillem Balague they have on Sky Sports. Perhaps he's a nice guy off camera but I hate him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭deadybai

Don't really get the hate for rooney throughout the years. Its not his fault the media hyped the fcuk out of him.

Only mistake he really made was riding grannies and sure if that's what he's into so be it .

Otherwise i always felt he gave his all which you can't say about the majority of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

POKERKING wrote: »
    except the assist for the goal and creating a huge chance for aguero that he missed. But nothing. He has also been Citys player of the year this season but throw him out.

He has been City's player of the season? Really, says who. For me he doesn't do enough to justify the price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

He has been City's player of the season? Really, says who. For me he doesn't do enough to justify the price tag.

Says me, who has seen every minute of every game this season.

9 Goals and 20 assists this season. Forget the price, it will be viewed as peanuts by the time hes finished.

Allardyce. Graceless in victory and defeat, purveyor of joyless football, bitter, egotistical and "ethically fluid".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

deadybai wrote: »
    Don't really get the hate for rooney throughout the years. Its not his fault the media hyped the fcuk out of him.

Only mistake he really made was riding grannies and sure if that's what he's into so be it .

Otherwise i always felt he gave his all which you can't say about the majority of players.
    His Man City wantaway period was fairly damning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

When you have racists, bigots, spitters, guys cheating with their brothers or teamates wife, leg breakers and biters to choose from it is kinda funny to find that the ones people hate are the likes of Wayne Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

When you have racists, bigots, spitters, guys cheating with their brothers or teamates wife, leg breakers and biters to choose from it is kinda funny to find that the ones people hate are the likes of Wayne Rooney

It doesn't have to be rational.

But yes, I think Wayne is a fairly normal man. He isn't the brightest, but he's harmless off the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Diego Costa.

Hate the sight of him. No other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Michael Owen. Everything about him annoys me. As thick as a double ditch.

Suarez (I'm a Liverpool fan). Don't like him. Actually never have. Racist cheat. I can't fathom how Liverpool fans love him so much.

Rooney. He's the least loved top goalscorer in a clubs history that I've ever seen.

Joey Barton. What a horrible human being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Mourinho - Classless.

Pardew - For THAT dance alone.

Kevin Muscat - A thug on the pitch

El Hadji Diouf - Worst signing ever made by Liverpool in the modern age given how much he cost, what he produced and what a horrible human being he was.

Ashley Cole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mourinho - Classless.

Pardew - For THAT dance alone.

Kevin Muscat - A thug on the pitch

El Hadji Diouf - Worst signing ever made by Liverpool in the modern age given how much he cost, what he produced and what a horrible human being he was.

Ashley Cole
    +1, for me, the nadir of humanity.

He wouldn't recognise class if it were to come up behind him in a melee and stick a finger in his eye...

POKERKING wrote: »
    Says me, who has seen every minute of every game this season.

9 Goals and 20 assists this season. Forget the price, it will be viewed as peanuts by the time hes finished.
    Right.

City upped their game in the start of the 2nd half and had plenty of possession v Monaco. They gave him the ball on numerous occasions on the right wing. He kind of shuffled it between his feet looked at his opponent and passed it back inside. He did this must've been 3 or 4 times at least.

Arguably the biggest game of the season for Man City. The Champions League is a very open contest this season. Game was there for the winning and Monaco looked under pressure. You need your big players to come through. Sterling doesn't do enough for me at all. If Pep is to be a success there and maybe win a CL, he wouldn't want to be relying on him.

Sterling has been great for City this season tbf. He had a poor night the other night but he wasn't alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Thierry Henry. You know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

+1, for me, the nadir of humanity.

He wouldn't recognise class if it were to come up behind him in a melee and stick a finger in his eye...

He's vile. You can see why the likes of Bobby Charlton fought his appointment at Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Ben Thatcher. Pedro Mendes knows why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Thierry Henry. You know why.

The Renault adverts weren't that bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Uli Hoeness. Stands for all that's bad about the money in the game. Tax evader, liar and someone who does secret deals with TV companies, then complains about the PL getting so much money. Double standards beyond belief, the real do as I say, not do as I do merchant.

I's still put Blatter, most of the FIFA cabal and on a personal level Delaney above him, but they've already been mentioned.

Special mention to spitter Gerald Pique, Fabregas and Valdes don't cover themself in glory here either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Alan Pardew: An individual without any redeeming features.

John Terry: A vile human being.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray: I hated both of them long before it was revealed the type of characters they were.

I'm sure Pepe,Suarez, Mourinho, Busquets, Sergio Ramos are going to be very popular picks in this thread but in fairness to them all their indiscretions are within the game and I can forgive that as it is part of competing that sometimes you go a little bit overboard.You never seem to hear anything nasty about them outside the game as people.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Jamie Rednapp - Style over substance in it's highest form..."he's dangerous in the box with the ball at his feetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" No sheet Jamie...

Niel Warnock - mock humility thinly veiling a massive ego..with a twist of the Bagger Vance about him...bell end....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Luis Suarez, since the 2010 WC when he denied Ghana a place in the semis, and since then his biting and cheating - and he plays for Barca .... just detestable ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Dante

Roy Keane.

Roy Keane.

Get over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Get over it

A few things to get over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Thanks for that I knew I was forgetting someone. Its big Sam for me. He makes it all about him and his tactics when he wins. He also plays really negative football.

...and chews with his mouth open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Arsene Wenger. A terminally poor sportsman and bad loser constantly apportioning blame for his team's inadequacies on, as he sees it, incompetent officialdom and tactically negative opponents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

chicorytip wrote: »
    Arsene Wenger. A terminally poor sportsman and bad loser constantly apportioning blame for his team's inadequacies on, as he sees it, incompetent officialdom and tactically negative opponents.
    A clone of Neil Warnock. I'm trying to remember Warnock doing a post match interview after a team of his has lost a game, and him not blaming the referee. The guy is a **ss poor loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Michael Brown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Jamie Redknapp-the tight trousered cúnt. Not having to listen to his po-faced inanities is itself reason enough to subscribe to a streaming service so I can watch NBC instead.

Nalz wrote: »
    A few things to get over
    I like Keano all things considered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Mine is Ryan giggs

Has it all , great playing career , idolised by millions for club and country , multi millionaire.

Then sleeps with his brothers wife , and then tries to cover it all up .

Classy guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

There's a lot of people I don't like in football, but the lowest of the low are those that exploit the fans. The Glaziers are a prime example, but another that I believe is morally corrupt is Walter Smith.

Walter Smith got in bed with former Rangers owner Charles Green. Smith was paid handsomely as a Director,with his true purpose being to legitimise Green in the eyes of the fans with the view to getting the fans to buy shares. He succeeded in this, and thousands of Rangers who bought shares at 70p a share are now stuck with shares valued at circa 20p, while both Green and Smith lined their own pockets, themselves paying 1p a share for the same shares. Smith was payed a few hundred grand a year for this.

To compound this, he also recently did not vote for a motion that would have allowed further investment in the club, as the passing of the motion would have diluted his share holdings. Every fan group supported this motion, with it receiving circa 70% backing, though it narrowly failed. Smith again prioritising his own financial stake over the good of the club.

I don't like Rangers and I never liked Smith, but I genuinely believe he exploited a group of fans that both admired and trusted him, simply to line his own pockets. For me that's pretty low.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Nalz wrote: »
    Michael Brown

Mine too. I don't mind if a player is a bit dirty but Brown was a sneaky, cowardly runt who, on several occasions, went out of his way to try and injure players.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

There were countless other similar incidents during his career but he was lucky in a sense that there wasn't a thousand cameras pointing at him during every game. A horrendous individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

LiamoSail wrote: »
    There's a lot of people I don't like in football, but the lowest of the low are those that exploit the fans. The Glaziers are a prime example, but another that I believe is morally corrupt is Walter Smith.

Walter Smith got in bed with former Rangers owner Charles Green. Smith was paid handsomely as a Director,with his true purpose being to legitimise Green in the eyes of the fans with the view to getting the fans to buy shares. He succeeded in this, and thousands of Rangers who bought shares at 70p a share are now stuck with shares valued at circa 20p, while both Green and Smith lined their own pockets, themselves paying 1p a share for the same shares. Smith was payed a few hundred grand a year for this.

To compound this, he also recently did not vote for a motion that would have allowed further investment in the club, as the passing of the motion would have diluted his share holdings. Every fan group supported this motion, with it receiving circa 70% backing, though it narrowly failed. Smith again prioritising his own financial stake over the good of the club.

I don't like Rangers and I never liked Smith, but I genuinely believe he exploited a group of fans that both admired and trusted him, simply to line his own pockets. For me that's pretty low.

Nonsense Walter was taken unlike many others you really need to do your research more. Try getting your information from reliable sources not Phil three names or Just James or any others if that ilk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Nonsense Walter was taken unlike many others you really need to do your research more

That's possible of course, but why then didn't he vote on Resolution 11 if that was the case? His votes could have made the difference

• Advertisement
Advertisement