Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The person you like least in football? MOD Warning post#1

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Nonsense Walter was taken unlike many others you really need to do your research more. Try getting your information from reliable sources not Phil three names or Just James or any others if that ilk

I quoted before your edit. I dint get my info from the sources you suggest. It's a fact that Smith didn't vote. Even Ally McCoist mentioned it last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Did Charlie Adam get a mention yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I quoted before your edit. I dint get my info from the sources you suggest. It's a fact that Smith didn't vote. Even Ally McCoist mentioned it last week

He didn't vote because Ally said so. Well many others didn't vote not everyone believes it's the way to go. So who are you getting this from. Some Rangers forum

Come to think about it I have never seen McCoist saying that about Smith and it's never been mentioned on any of the forums I use and not one Rangers fan I know has mentioned it to me. In fact I didn't see anything in the papers either which really surprises me

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭osullic

9 pages in and nobody has mentioned Tevez.

I couldn't stand him even when he played for United and everything he's done subsequently has reaffirmed my initial opinion of him.

I also really dislike mark kennedy.
    Could of been something and seems to have a serious chip on his shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

He didn't vote because Ally said so. Well many others didn't vote not everyone believes it's the way to go. So who are you getting this from. Some Rangers forum

Come to think about it I have never seen McCoist saying that about Smith and it's never been mentioned on any of the forums I use and not one Rangers fan I know has mentioned it to me

McCoist last week speaking about himself not voting said he wasn't the only one, someone else "close to his heart didn't" This was later confirmed as Smith

Maybe Smith was duped by Green as you say. It's a bit of a coincidence though that he was duped, and yet benefited to the tune of a few hundred grand, penny shares, and just happened not to vote on Res. 11

I wish every time I was duped I did as well out of it as smith has done out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

LiamoSail wrote: »
    McCoist last week speaking about himself not voting said he wasn't the only one, someone else "close to his heart didn't" This was later confirmed as Smith

Maybe Smith was duped by Green as you say. It's a bit of a coincidence though that he was duped, and yet benefited to the tune of a few hundred grand, penny shares, and just happened not to vote on Res. 11

I wish every time I was duped I did as well out of it as smith has done out of this

Who confirmed it that would have beeen in every Scottish paper. Hey McCoist made much more than Smith but that is not important as frankly I reckon it's nonsense so where are you getting this information from it's not the papers and not the bloggers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mine too. I don't mind if a player is a bit dirty but Brown was a sneaky, cowardly runt who, on several occasions, went out of his way to try and injure players.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

There were countless other similar incidents during his career but he was lucky in a sense that there wasn't a thousand cameras pointing at him during every game. A horrendous individual.

And people are picking Jose Mourinho, Gerrard and Jamie Redknapp over him.

Wtf

Massimo Moratti, Luciano Moggi. Both brought ill reputation to calcio, even if only one is punished, they both made the crimes.

Mine too. I don't mind if a player is a bit dirty but Brown was a sneaky, cowardly runt who, on several occasions, went out of his way to try and injure players.

Exhibit A.

Exhibit B.

There were countless other similar incidents during his career but he was lucky in a sense that there wasn't a thousand cameras pointing at him during every game. A horrendous individual.

In fairness not as bad as Roy Kean

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Keane was undoubtedly a dirty player, but he was never a cowardly one or a sneaky one. He was also one of the best players of the PL era, unlike Brown who was a jobber.

• Advertisement

Keane was undoubtedly a dirty player, but he was never a cowardly one or a sneaky one. He was also one of the best players of the PL era, unlike Brown who was a jobber.

Really, being one of the best players excused this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

John Terry

Harry Kane

Arsene Wenger

... one worse than the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭holy guacamole

Didn't say it excused it, merely that there was more to Keane's game than just going around kicking people.

In bygone eras plenty of footballers made careers out of being 'enforcers' or whatever you want to call it, players with limited talent who progressed in the game due to their ability to intimidate and bend the rules of the game.

Keane could fulfil that role if he so wished, but he could also outperform some of Europe's best when it came to the technical side of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Or Muscat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Can't believe nobody has mentioned good oul' Harry reddnapp , what a spoofer ,always in the papers with storys of how HE could of signed a complete and utter bull****ter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

In a lot of ways I really dislike Roy Keane.

He's just an unbelievable hypocrite and never gets called out for it.

Goes on about how much he committed in order to win and yet had a well publicized issues with drink which couldn't have helped his team.Got himself stupidly sent off on numerous occasions, throwing the toys out of the pram in Saipan. Slagged off the media and doing media work and yet is now a television pundit.

I like Roy Keane overall but he's a really massive hypocrite he didn't always live up to the high standards he expects from everyone else yet talks at times like he had no flaws himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Harry Kane? Seriously? Unless you're a diehard Arsenal fan, I can't possibly see what anyone could have against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That didn't end his career as the title says.

• Advertisement

In a lot of ways I really dislike Roy Keane.

He's just an unbelievable hypocrite and never gets called out for it.

Goes on about how much he committed in order to win and yet had a well publicized issues with drink which couldn't have helped his team.Got himself stupidly sent off on numerous occasions, throwing the toys out of the pram in Saipan. Slagged off the media and doing media work and yet is now a television pundit.

I like Roy Keane overall but he's a really massive hypocrite he didn't always live up to the high standards he expects from everyone else yet talks at times like he had no flaws himself.

Tut tutted about others and cultivated the whole "dark, brooding, enigmatic" image. Yet if you fired enough money at him he'd dress up as a leprechaun to flog crisps.

But his stint with O'Neill has done a lot to rehabilitate him for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Does Eamon Dunphy count ?

Spoofer of the highest order.

What's worse is that some people find his analysis better than what's available elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

house45 wrote: »
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned good oul' Harry reddnapp , what a spoofer ,always in the papers with storys of how HE could of signed a complete and utter bull****ter.

Yeah, but his 'pulling-a-Range-Rover-up-to-a-horde-of-journalists-whilst-simultaneously-dropping-the-window-and-sticking-his-elbow-out-the-window' routine is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Luis Suarez. From racism too intentionally,trying too break opponents legs. There's a long list as too why he's the person I least like in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Dunno why Dunphy gets singled out so much. Nearly all pundits are spoofers. He's absolutely right about the things he says about UK pundits.

Suarez, Gerrard, Roy Keane, Terry are all good shouts

Wegner is gas for all the wrong reasons

Benitez

Stan Collymore

Alan Pardew is an annoying git

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Whiskey nose

Seems unfair to be carded for mentioning a nick-name which is commonly applied to lots of older personalities in the game, which rule does this violate?

If I was to respond to the thread "Scummy child molestor", would I also be carded even if I'm not referring to Adam Johnson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ander Herrera and his little crying face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

In terms of players if I dislike them it means they're doing something right. John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Patrick Vieira were all fantastic players but obviously with those rivalries I disliked them a lot at times.

I used to really dislike Mark Hughes but I've got over it, although he still seems to be good at getting points off United.

I detest that Guillem Balague they have on Sky Sports. Perhaps he's a nice guy off camera but I hate him.

Mark Hughes, eh?

Read the article and then read the Reddit post by m1ckjagger.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fulham-wait-on-europa-league-after-zoltan-gera-red-card-2288005.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/658lvi/zoltán_gera_has_172_premier_league_appearances/

He must have changed his mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Dudu Aduote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Jamie Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

For a thread like this obviously the likes of Lee Hughes and Marlon Kings amongst others are in a league of their own.

For on the pitch stuff:

Ben Thatcher - is it a yellow card offence to call him a scumbag? I'm not saying he isn't but all the evidence would suggest he is.
    Kevin Muscat - as mentioned and highlighted earlier
    Chris Morgan - a thug, another Warnock player too, like Brown. He broke a kid's skull with his elbow a few years back, it wasn't even in an aerial challenge
    John Fashanu - look at Gary Mabbutt's face. A nothing player with a huge ego, look at that show Fash FC from back in the day

For punditry:

BT Sport seem to be collecting a right group of annoying pundits - Owen, McManaman and Savage to name but a few.
    Thierry Henry - just does not seem to care, he refused to pick a team in one the World Cup games at the last World Cup because he "had friends in both sides"
    Alan Smith and Ray Houghton are both incredibly depressing to listen to.

• Advertisement

• Not sure if mentioned but Lewandowski is one of the biggest cheats in the game.
    A class forward but ruins it with his feigning of injury and diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

John Terry, Ryan Giggs, Luis Suarez, Sergio Busquets, Michael Brown, et al. are all good shouts, but surely the one of the most detestable people in football has to be Eddie Heath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Gary Neville is a vile little coward. Always had someone sorting out the big boys for him, yet would jeer his opponents from a safe distance. We all know this type of creep who would shout at you from a passing car but then run a mile if they saw you coming and didn't have backup. I credit him for at least trying to manage a club, and for having the sense to stick to the easier job of analysis for barstoolers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

garra wrote: »
    Gary Neville is a vile little coward. Always had someone sorting out the big boys for him, yet would jeer his opponents from a safe distance. We all know this type of creep who would shout at you from a passing car but then run a mile if they saw you coming and didn't have backup. I credit him for at least trying to manage a club, and for having the sense to stick to the easier job of analysis for barstoolers.

But do you like or hate him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Roddy Collins, just because, and Joey Barton. Don't have much love for Stephen Ireland either.
    Ronaldo...and nothing anyone can say can convince me otherwise!

Which one. Fat Ronaldo or Perma Tanned twat Ronaldo?

Cantona. 'Poet & philosopher' me b*ll*x....

Tackle on John Moncur. See from 5m 20s:

Not forgetting this lovely one either:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

razorblunt wrote: »
    For a thread like this obviously the likes of Lee Hughes and Marlon Kings amongst others are in a league of their own.

For on the pitch stuff:

Ben Thatcher - is it a yellow card offence to call him a scumbag? I'm not saying he isn't but all the evidence would suggest he is.
    Kevin Muscat - as mentioned and highlighted earlier
    Chris Morgan - a thug, another Warnock player too, like Brown. He broke a kid's skull with his elbow a few years back, it wasn't even in an aerial challenge
    John Fashanu - look at Gary Mabbutt's face. A nothing player with a huge ego, look at that show Fash FC from back in the day

For punditry:

BT Sport seem to be collecting a right group of annoying pundits - Owen, McManaman and Savage to name but a few.
    Thierry Henry - just does not seem to care, he refused to pick a team in one the World Cup games at the last World Cup because he "had friends in both sides"
    Alan Smith and Ray Houghton are both incredibly depressing to listen to.
    You can add Ronnie Whelan to that list. RTE's version of Robbie Savage. They both give "irritating" a bad name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Think we can now add Kelvin MacKenzie to this now as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Always disliked Jody Morris. Seemed to be the kind to go out and try to injure players and there was plenty of nasty stuff off the pitch.

Lee Bowyer too, but everyone hated him. He seemed to be the sort of bloke who'd be outside a ground trying to pick off unsuspecting rival supporters if he wasn't a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Does the entire liverpool fan base count?!!

If not then it has to be Eamonn Dunphy. He's just a horrible, bitter old man who's comments are typical of lazy red top journalism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gavlor wrote: »
    Does the entire liverpool fan base count?!

Are you talking about actual Liverpudlians here or Irish 'Scousers'? Because there's no difference between a United or Liverpool fan in Ireland. They're one and the same. Come from same towns, offices and families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Has to be Kevin Muscat, currently coaching the Melbourne Victory in the A-league.

If you don't like horrible tackles then please don't watch this montage of them.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not sure if mentioned but Lewandowski is one of the biggest cheats in the game.
    A class forward but ruins it with his feigning of injury and diving.

Agreeing. Right there with Suarez and Cronaldo

Advertisement