Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What restaurant to have a "special" birthday in?

Options
  • 16-03-2017 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭

It's an over 55s one. June this year. Person doesn't care as long as everyone enjoys themselves.

Mix of ages.

Sophies on Harcourt looked good. Any other suggestions?

Bear in mind there will be 20 guests, half over the hill, half under! LOL.

I'm over the fekkin hill and am in charge of arrangements. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions.

No veggies, no allergies, all good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

It's an over 55s one. June this year. Person doesn't care as long as everyone enjoys themselves.

Mix of ages.

Sophies on Harcourt looked good. Any other suggestions?

Bear in mind there will be 20 guests, half over the hill, half under! LOL.

I'm over the fekkin hill and am in charge of arrangements. Thanks if anyone has any suggestions.

No veggies, no allergies, all good.

Sophie's has decent atmosphere but TBH it's more a restaurant about than a restaurant.

I'd suggest Cleaver East, Pichet, or Luna (bit dearer)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,962 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Bandara wrote: »
    Sophie's has decent atmosphere but TBH it's more a restaurant about than a restaurant.

I'd suggest Cleaver East, Pichet, or Luna (bit dearer)

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Money is not a huge issue, but we are not talking Michelin either. Something in the middle with a bit of atmosphere and fun, rather than hushed tones with a white tablecloth.

Have to cater for lots of age groups here!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Trocadero?

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Trocadero?

I love that spot. But it can be a teeny bit oldie (like meself).

Trying to find something that crosses the oldies and youngies. If you get me.

A bit lost TBH.

But I really like the Troc. Has to be said! Thanks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

L'gueulitan on Fade St. will do those numbers once you give enough advance warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I love Suesey Street. Good for mixed groups and has bar as well plus good outside heated terrace. Also does have private dining space

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Rose Madre on Crow st, wonderful food, great location and nice vibe..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

We like brasserie 66. Had a couple of group means there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Pigs ear.

Don't rule out the likes of l'ecrivain. They do great value set lunch menus, lovely for a long leisurely Saturday afternoon with a few quiet pints somewhere after.

Some great suggestions there. It's supposed to be an evening gig, but it's on a Saturday, so I never thought about a leisurely lunch followed by drinks!

Then the Golden oldies can stay or go home early. Knowing them, they'll last longer than the young wans. Great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Abbey Tavern in howth. We had a birthday dinner for a 21st a few months back for 14 people. Drinks, some food, good atmosphere but it's a pub more than arestaurant

If you don't want hushed tones with white tablecloths I wouldn't do L'Ecrivain. I was there recently for a business lunch for 20 with some international visitors and they started hoovering round us as we had overstayed our welcome. It was 3pm but we were spending quite a bit. Found Chapter One a lot nicer.

But I said Suesey Street would be my absolute favourite. Right atmosphere for me.

The Church is also quite nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fire in the Mansion House would fit the bill, they'll cater to a table that size fairly regularly, definitely not hushed tones and the crowd there is not just old or just young.

It's not hugely expensive, now it's not cheap either, but it's not stuffy, nice relaxed atmosphere and decent food.

Every single time I've been to Fire they have lost my reservation. Booked 4 times and not once could they find it. Twice under my own name and twice under company name. To be fair were fitted in.

Just had another thought my mate had a 50th at the Cedar Tree which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

If it doesn't have to be city centre, I'd recommend Mologhneys in clontarf. We had my dads bday there recently for a large group and the food is always decent, good wine list too

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

amtc wrote: »
    I love Suesey Street. Good for mixed groups and has bar as well plus good outside heated terrace. Also does have private dining space

I would also recommend Suesey Street on Fitzwilliam Place.

Advertisement