Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KBC mortgage switch and top up for extension

Options
  • 17-03-2017 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

We have approval in principle for KBC mortgage of 130k to pay off 40k and build on an attic bedroom and a single story rear extension with the balance. My husband a plumber hopes to do most of the work himself and hire a roofer, block layer etc etc as needed. Anyone know is it difficult to draw down the funds, our architect did a favour for us to apply for planning and draw up plans he's a family friend but he's not self employed so can not fill out the certs of completion, what other professional would be able to provide these?
    Also I've a quote of €1500 solicitors fees for the switch with same solicitors we used to purchase the house 5 years ago, is €1500 the norm?
    I think it's very expensive
    Thanks for any help

Advertisement