Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6S antenna problem?

Options
  • 17-03-2017 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

I'm not making much progress sorting out why I'm no longer receiving 4G.
    An eir community rep checked my account and says all is OK.
    I took it in to an eir shop and the rep changed the SIM and checked all the settings and said he thought it was a problem with the phone.
    My Ookla speed test results show I was receiving an LTE signal up to 17th January, and a WDCMA signal [from the same cell tower] since 22nd January.
    I found one reference on boards.ie where where the same issue was sorted by Apple fixing the antenna.
    Any ideas?
    I'll contact Apple on Monday, as it was bought direct.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Ok 1s thing you need to do is reset your network settings on your iPhone.

Next step will be doing a fresh install of iOS by not putting your back up back on tot he device.

Then if that does not fix it a call to apple where they can do a test to see if the antenna is not working and if it turns out to be all good at there end they will rise a RFA to the team to look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

"a fresh install of iOS " - do you mean using iTunes to do a "restore iPhone"?
    I have already done that and also reset network settings.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

JonMac wrote: »
    "a fresh install of iOS " - do you mean using iTunes to do a "restore iPhone"?
    I have already done that and also reset network settings.
    Thanks.

Yap thats what i mean and if them both did not work give apple care a call.

Like how long have you had the phone and where did you buy it ?.

As if over a year old apple are going to hammer you on a repair cost.

Bit of luck, I bought it from Apple 11 months ago.
    BTW, my 4S failed after 3 years and I got a replacement from Apple under the 6 year rule.
    I always buy direct.

An update.
    Apple support asked me to take my phone to CompuB.
    CompuB rep checked my phone and his SIM gave me 4G, and my SIM gave him 3G.
    I went back to eir for the third time and this rep noticed 4G was not enabled.
    I phoned eir support and they turned 4G back on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement