Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Adli rechargeable front light a bargain?

Options
  • 17-03-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently paid €34 for this from Wiggle which looks very similar to this one from Aldi for €9.99. Are they comparable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

You bought a better light and paid more for that reason.

A quick look shows higher lumen output on the wiggle one and lithium ion v lithium polymer batteries. The lithium ion will generally have a better run time.

I'd imagine the build quality in the wiggle one is slightly better also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭54and56

The Aldi one is possibly worth buying as a back up or spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I bought several, for myself and the kids.
    It's as easy to lose or have stolen a cheap one as an expensive one, and a good light on the bike is better than an excellent one misplaced, stolen, out of charge etc.My last two lights cost €60+ each and suffered that fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭54and56

Roadtoad wrote: »
    I bought several, for myself and the kids.
    It's as easy to lose or have stolen a cheap one as an expensive one, and a good light on the bike is better than an excellent one misplaced, stolen, out of charge etc.My last two lights cost €60+ each and suffered that fate.

I got three of them for the same reason. Excellent value for money and plenty powerful for city use.

Advertisement