Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Harry Potter studio tour

Options
  • 17-03-2017 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I am looking at booking the Harry Potter studio tour for family of 4 in July. Looking at transport from the Kings cross area, they have their own dedicated partner shuttle bus but the price is £108 for the transport alone.

I was hoping someone could advise on getting to Watford Junction from King cross (and back) using public transport. We are staying in Kings cross so walking distance to the station.

I'm trying to see if it is cheaper/easier to get there using public transport and see if our visitor oyster card comes into play? Kids are old enough not to be an issue travelling. I have looked online but it's all very confusing to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The train to Watford Junction goes from Euston, which is walking distance from King's Cross. Takes about 20 minutes by national rail (London Midland or Virgin).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Would car hire be an option? Not sure how many people you need to fit but for 4-5 people you can rent a car for around £30-40

www.travelsupermarket.com/en-gb/car-hire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

We went last month. Train goes from Euston to Watford.
    Trains are pretty frequent and run through the day and up until about midnight. I'd advise picking a direct train as it only takes about 20 to 30 minutes. There's a good few routes that have Watford as the first stop. We just went into the station, bought the tickets and checked the board for the next train with Watford as the first stop.
    For two adults and one teen a day return ticket worked out at 33 euro. It would be cheaper with an oyster card I would think.
    Once you get to Watford station there's a shuttle bus from outside Watford station straight to the studio. Think it's a couple of pounds per person and runs every half hour.
    The details of the shuttle bus are on the studio tour website.

Advertisement