Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touring India on a Royal Enfield 500

• 17-03-2017 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so since Oisin Huges was so popular here I thought I'd post up this India lad.

I was lost in youtubeland (as you do) and ventured across this fella, and tbh his video's are wonderful and well worth a watch. I love that he responds to almost all comments and shows his appreciation for the following.

I often think we're spoiling ourselves here thinking you need to spend €20k on the latest adventure/tourer when there are lads like this touring on cheaper, simpler and smaller bikes.

Anyway, he's worth following.. Granted he's no 'Long Way Around' nor is he chasing Oisin Huges Death Star ~ but give him a go, I'm glad I did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

My mate is the lad on the next page, Ulaan2015, he's going Russia overland on a BMW f650 worth about 1500 on a good day, good service and a decent topbox and away he goes, his tool kit is a leatherman and a piece of paracord..... I reckon if I was to go on a big trip it'd be a dr650 with a big tank and soft luggage, nice and simple single, carbed motor with a steel frame, you can fix them anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

serious3 wrote: »
    My mate is the lad on the next page, Ulaan2015, he's going Russia overland on a BMW f650 worth about 1500 on a good day, good service and a decent topbox and away he goes, his tool kit is a leatherman and a piece of paracord..... I reckon if I was to go on a big trip it'd be a dr650 with a big tank and soft luggage, nice and simple single, carbed motor with a steel frame, you can fix them anywhere

I follow your mate on facebook :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

It's me that does all his servicing and fixing.....my old lad asked him before the last trip about tools, he said he didn't know how to use them so no point bringing them!!

Advertisement