Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kasabian. Olympia theatre April 22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wonder will they play another Galway gig like they did on their last little Ireland tour in 2013....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

So i bought 2 tickets to this, turns out now i might not be in Dublin that weekend at all.
    Am I stuck with them? Even toutless doesn't seem to be doing re-selling of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronan6700

@lc180 I`ll buy them. Send me a dm if you are interested. Thanks, Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Folks if anyone is selling a ticket please pm, can't seem to find any on toutless, adverts etc, just looking for 1 ticket. Cheers, BF

Ronan6700 wrote: »
    @lc180 I`ll buy them. Send me a dm if you are interested. Thanks, Ronan

It seems to be a ticketless event, so I literally have no tickets to sell. E-tickets or hard copies.

To gain entry to the Olympia they will scan the credit card I bought the tickets with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

More than likely a list of names and need credit card of photo Id. If someone buys them off you it's on them to chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ronan6700

lc180 wrote: »
    It seems to be a ticketless event, so I literally have no tickets to sell. E-tickets or hard copies.

To gain entry to the Olympia they will scan the credit card I bought the tickets with.

Sure just give me your credit card?? Sorted!!! HaHa

No hassle, thanks anyway, thought it was worth a try but seems to be a no go now at this stage!

Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

MadYaker wrote: »
    I wonder will they play another Galway gig like they did on their last little Ireland tour in 2013....

not a chance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭please helpThank YOU

Is Kasabian Sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Is Kasabian Sold out?
    ederkeh wrote: »
    sold out at seconds past 9am

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Eoinporto

I have 2 tickets for the circle row b. Looking to swap for 1 standing ticket + the € difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Eoinporto wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for the circle row b. Looking to swap for 1 standing ticket + the € difference

How will this work as it is a "ticketless" event??

Paperless Ticket
    A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

How will this work as it is a "ticketless" event??

Paperless Ticket
    A Paperless Ticket event is when the Credit Card that was used at the time of booking to purchase tickets is used as the customer's ticket/entry into the event.

You will not receive physical paper tickets for Paperless Ticket events. Instead of going to the venue's Box Office, you simply go direct to the door, present a valid photo ID (such as a driver's license or passport) and swipe the credit card that was used to purchase entry to the event. Your entire party must enter the venue at the same time with the valid credit card and the tickets are non-transferable.

Will tickets be printed when the card is swiped ?

Is there anything to stop people who've booked seats arriving early and sitting in the front of the upper tiers ? I know the very top is usually unassigned.

Could be a few arguments over seats if people have no way of proving which one they were assigned / if they were assigned any at the time of booking ?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Is there anything to stop people who've booked seats arriving early and sitting in the front of the upper tiers ? I know the very top is usually unassigned.

Could be a few arguments over seats if people have no way of proving which one they were assigned / if they were assigned any at the time of booking ?

Exactly what I was thinking, this could be a cluster f**k of confusion on Saturday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone get a text from ticketmaster re the gig ? Did you receive the email mentioned in the text ?

Got this email from Ticketmaster.

We're sure your looking forward to Kasabian at the Olympia Theatre on Saturday the 22nd of April! We have some important information below regarding regarding this event.

Jot this down!...

This event is a paperless event, You will not receive any tickets via email or post.

To gain entry into the venue you must bring a printed copy of your confirmation email, your credit card used to purchase the ticket(s) and Photo ID.

Your card used to purchase the ticket(s) is ending in ****

Entrance for seated ticket(s) in the Circle and Upper Circle is through Crampton Court , just beside the Olympia Theatre Box office.

Anything else?...

Please leave plenty of time to get to the venue due to extra security precautions on the night and heavy road works around the area.

Doors 7.00pm

Support act due onstage at 7.45pm

Enjoy the show!

Best Wishes,

Ticketmaste

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Cant wait for tonight , purposely didnt watch the live from the forum gig so i wouldnt know the set :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

That was special !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Good gig, have never seen them in a venue smaller than The Point. Not mad on the new stuff though and shame that Switchblade Smiles has been dropped from the encore but enjoyed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Excellent gig! Although l must be getting old, my ears are ringing something awful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Excellent gig! Although l must be getting old, my ears are ringing something awful!

My first thought when I got home was "I'm too old for this". Had some girl on my shoulders and back killing me now. If she's reading you're as light as a feather. I'm just a wimp

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How did the ticket thing work out? were there many delays, and how did seat assigning for the circle work?

rubadub wrote: »
    How did the ticket thing work out? were there many delays, and how did seat assigning for the circle work?

I got in about 8:55 and the guy at the door asked me for the card along with my confirmation letter. Then just had to give some lad my card and he swiped it (although it took 2 tries) . Got scared and thought they were on when i heard the crowd singing the chorus to LSF but luckily got a decent spot.

For my 10th Kasabian gig i really enjoyed it and the new songs sounded like they were made for the live setting imo , obviously that meant a good few songs were left out since they didnt really play much from West Ryder or Velociraptor but still a great gig.

Was hoping they would announce themselves for Picnic

rubadub wrote: »

They checked my confirmation email and swiped my card, they printed two mini paper tickets with your row/seat numbers on them.

Have to say I thought the gig was amazing. I've seen them about 10 times now and that top notch. I've never seen the ENTIRE Circle section stand for a whole gig before, the poor seat Nazis in the Olympia had no choice but to let people be.

lc180 wrote: »
    They checked my confirmation email and swiped my card, they printed two mini paper tickets with your row/seat numbers on them.

Have to say I thought the gig was amazing. I've seen them about 10 times now and that top notch. I've never seen the ENTIRE Circle section stand for a whole gig before, the poor seat Nazis in the Olympia had no choice but to let people be.

I cant remember a gig ive been to that had the atmosphere going even before the band took to the stage , Just walking in to hear the crowd singing LSF you knew it was gonna be a special night. Now there was 2 woman in front of me going live on facebook for nearly ever song at the start of the gig but they eventually stopped . Its one of the few gigs where i didnt even go to the bar for the entire gig :)

Presume they will announce an Arena Tour after Reading/Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How come they played such a small venue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm still sore from that gig! #OldBones

The paperless thing was painless anyone. Doorman looked at confirmation email and card with name.

Ticket taker just swiped the card on their gizmo and that was it. Have some hope now for Maiden :)

I assume a 3Arena gig in the Winter time lies ahead :)

threein99 wrote: »
    How come they played such a small venue ?

They were doing a small tour before the album comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

They were doing a small tour before the album comes out

I was walking by the Olympia just as all the Kasabian fans were getting out, they were all buzzing after it.

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    I was walking by the Olympia just as all the Kasabian fans were getting out, they were all buzzing after it.

Yea people were still singing coming out of the venue , Its gonna be hard to top that gig

Advertisement