Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatically move apps after update (S5)

• 17-03-2017 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

The problem (a common one I'm sure) - every time my device (Samsung S5) updates apps it moves the apps were stored externally on my SD card back to internal storage. I have just 16GB of internal storage and I have a 64GB external SD card. 16GB is running out fast and becoming a problem. I'm aware this isn't device specific.

I found All-In-One Toolbox, an app which has a feature enabling the mass move of apps back to external storage, but unfortunately the mass option doesn't work and I need to do it for each application every time! It's a pain.

Can any one recommend a better solution please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Have the exact same problem. It's an awful annoying pain in the backside having to individually transfer each app back to the SD card after every update.

A solution would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭Keith186

Turn off automatic updates in the play store and only update them if they stop working. Not an ideal solution but far less work.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭shawty

I'm actually now out of contract too so I don't mind if the solution is to get a different phone but it seems the problem is android and not the actual phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Well, one solution is 64GB phones, no SD no problems ;)

The other solution probably requires Root.

Advertisement