Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympic Stadium Hotel options

• 17-03-2017 1:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Going to the GNR gig at the stadium in June and looking at hotel options.
    Only 1 or 2 available so thinking of staying in central London and making way to gig by bus,tube whichever.
    Any tips on a hotel to stay in that is easily accessible to the gig and not too expensive would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

If you're looking for not too expensive then don't look central. Stratford's got amazing connections, and it's a Friday night (so Google tells me) so night tubes will be running. Look at hotels in the City (Central line - Liverpool St) and Canary Wharf (Jubilee Line) as they're cheaper at weekends. Downside is there mightn't be a whole lot going on around your hotel but great bars/restaurants will only be a very short tube ride away. Check out something like Top Secret Hotels on lastminute.com for deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Second the above post. Stratford is one of the best connected parts of town so you have a wealth of options in terms of what areas to look at

Anywhere on the Jubilee line works as you can get on straight to stratford (Jubilee is one of the fastest tube lines too). Ditto for places like Greenwich and Canary Wharf as you're on the DLR line there. You could go west too on the Central line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Soooooo many options for Stratford. It really depends on how much you want to spend.

Example - I live in Romford, ~7 miles away, ~9 mins quick train (~18 slow more frequent trains), no tube unfortunately but has its own amenities /nightlife. Not exactly touristy but if you're just there for the gig I imagine it would be one of the more cost effective options.

On the central line, there's a holiday Inn at Newbury Park/gants Hill (~15 mins away, also night tube!) that I'd assume isn't extortionate. Plenty of pubs/restaurants between gants Hill and leytonstone for things to do before/after the gig - and actually a decent Irish population if that would be of any interest

Advertisement