Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out if apartment is let?

Options
  • 17-03-2017 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having a problem with upstairs neighbours and noise on a fortnightly basis. Usually I just ignore it although I did knock in one night and it stopped that night. They have friends around who decide to stamp their feet all night and it basically feels like an earthquake in my place. Last night it started again. I was in bed reading. Again I ignored it and they went out about 11PM.

Unfortunately, they all went back to the apartment and at 4.30 AM and I was woken up by the sound of about 10-20 people jumping and shouting and singing out of tune. Furious I went outside and rang their buzzer which they ignored. I'm fed up with it now, I'm usually tolerant of it and am ok with parties but last night (this morning) just took the piss.

I can't get into them as the entrance to their floor is locked so I think the only way I can get them to take notice is by complaining to their landlord (if they are renting) . I have no idea how to find out if they are renting or if they own the apartment. Does anybody know how I could find out if they rent and who their landlord is?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,518 ✭✭✭caviardreams

You should go through the management company (or management agent where appropriate) - make a complaint detailing the times etc. and they will be able to contact the owner of the property. Normally there are house rules whereby no noise should be audible between certain hours e.g. 12am-8am etc. Hard to enforce obviously but at least it gives them some justification etc. for complaining to the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do a search on Daft, etc, and see if it comes up. Some EA's leave ad's up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Thanks. I've put the address into Google but nothing came back. I suppose all I can do at the moment is note the dates and times. Gas, I'm up since 4.30AM because of them yet their curtains are pulled right now as most likely they're fast asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

I suggest some nice marching band music, full volume, windows open.
    For rental it should be registered on the prtb website, they have a list that you can download.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

For ownership the following article is useful
    http://www.dublininquirer.com/2016/07/13/easier-find-owns-property/
    Management co is the first port of call though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,418 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check the register here: https://portal.prtb.ie/public_registrations.aspx

A small percentage may be registered in the wrong category.

Advertisement