Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Back on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Watched it last night. Standard seems to have improved. But what way was that guy cutting his lemon tart!! Should have been slapped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Some of the food was very average. Leannn looks talented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Irish girl tonight, Alison, seemed to be a hot favourite. She even managed to carry 3 plates at a time!

Best 3 through definitely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Master Chef UK is so civilzed compared to MC USA. Greg and John are so gentle compared to Gordon Ramsey in the US, who gets the contestants all riled up and at each others' throats. Granted that seems to be the way with most American reality TV Shows - this bitter competiveness. On the other hand, the Irish contestants on MC Ireland were far too pally and laid back with each other, IMO.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Master Chef UK is so civilzed compared to MC USA. Greg and John are so gentle compared to Gordon Ramsey in the US, who gets the contestants all riled up and at each others' throats. Granted that seems to be the way with most American reality TV Shows - this bitter competiveness. On the other hand, the Irish contestants on MC Ireland were far too pally and laid back with each other, IMO.

I love all the cooking programmes - Masterchef, My kitchen rules etc. The Australia MC is still the best - Canada is not too bad. But I really can't bear the US one. I don't think I even finished the last series which is unlike me!

My Kitchen Rules Auatralia is my fave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,360 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The Irish girl tonight, Alison, seemed to be a hot favourite. She even managed to carry 3 plates at a time!

When I saw her doing that I immediately thought this is someone who has worked in restaurants before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

She said her dad is/was a publican so she prob has serving experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Missed the first episode, and just watching last night's one now....

Standard certainly seems high!

Irish girl VERY sure of herself. Hope she hasn't at herself up for a fall with that statement!!

Hmmm, this looks like it might be good this time!!

Is tonight the first time in MC history that icecream was made and served without any histrionics or panicking or blast freezing or dramatics?

Thought David was a bit unlucky in the round he hit, which was obviously waaaay outside his comfort zone - but maybe he was a bit of a one-trick pony?

Looking forward to next week now!

Anyone know how many rounds there will be before the semis/knockout week? I seem to remember having completely forgotten what the initial contestants looked like by the time they reappeared in previous series!

I think is is usually 4 or 5 weeks of heats before the quarterfinals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭tinpib

Great to have it back.

Imran is scraping through each time, his food looks amazing though. Quite an odd chap, maybe a touch of autism/aspergers?

Allison is quite sure of herself without being cocky, and she is gorgeous :o.

The American one who sounds like Barry White on the other hand was way, way too cocky, was waiting for her to fall flat on her face and she duely did.

Hope Leann does well too, she seems short of confidence on one hand but she seems to be meticulous in her preparation on the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

tinpib wrote: »
    Imran is scraping through each time, his food looks amazing though. Quite an odd chap, maybe a touch of autism/aspergers?....
    Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Lynelle likes to experiment and she's cooking langoustine for the first time. I don't have great hopes for her...

Ah feck, forgot this was on - both today AND yesterday :mad:

Too late to join in, will just have to catch up over the weekend if I can.

Hope they're all as good as last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Watching it now, so much better than last night's batch. Interested to see how the Russian sushi turns out but glad I'm not tasting it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I really liked Billy tonight- but I was exhausted watching him!!

I can't believe that other contestant put scotch bonnets into the food- she nearly killed John!! :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    I really liked Billy tonight- but I was exhausted watching him!!

I can't believe that other contestant put scotch bonnets into the food- she nearly killed John!! :D

Oh I liked Billy. Very sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I kinda felt bad for yer wan and the scotch bonnets. I knew the minute that John's face turned that she was screwed. But she seemed so nice. I would have liked to have seen if she had more in her

Some great cooking and presentation tonght! Brilliant, actually! I love to see how well the winners and runners-up of previous MC's are doing.

Tomorrow night is the 1st quarter-final - at the later time of 8.30 p.m.

Eyepatch wrote: »
    Some great cooking and presentation tonght! Brilliant, actually! I love to see how well the winners and runners-up of previous MC's are doing.

Tomorrow night is the 1st quarter-final - at the later time of 8.30 p.m.

Isn't there a quarter final every Friday? Until they've collected enough bodies to make up two semi-finals / have a knockout week?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Isn't there a quarter final every Friday? Until they've collected enough bodies to make up two semi-finals / have a knockout week?

Not sure how that works. Just going by the announcement at the end of the show.

Just watching the first episode from this week now....

What's with all the Yanks entering this year???

Faye definitely wins the look-most-removed-from-accent prize - when I saw here I assumed she'd speak like the Queen, I was NOT expecting a thick Geordie blas! :D (She'd also be in the running for most unlikely profession - yurt builder, seriously???) But despite all that, by golly she looks like she can cook!

That poor Scottish girl (can't remember her name) - it just all went wrong on her!

And what's up with all the doctors entering this :confused:

On to last night's programme now.....

Tamilla cooking what look like they're going to be one each of petite little pasties (with unprounceable Russian names) - so why is she cooking what looks like a week's worth of lamb mixture in the pan? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

Stand outs for me so far, Steve, Faye, the Irish las ....

• Advertisement

Does "triple-cooked chips" just mean they've absorbed three times the fat of normal ones??? :eek:

I sooooo want yer man's fish'n'chips!

All that purple cauliflower in this lot's cooking is making me feel slightly queasy.......

(apologies, I'm still on last night's episode)

Jesus, the chillies :eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement