Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sporina wrote: »
    ? sorry i'm not getting it
    I got the bit about the bantz.

It was the putting on the trousers part that has me scratching my head :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

can't wait for tonight...

And Q for Masterchef fans.. would it be really sad to miss a party Friday night due to the final? Its just that I don't wanna hear who wins before I see it for myself.. and I have been following it from the start.. :P

can't wait for tonight...

And Q for Masterchef fans.. would it be really sad to miss a party Friday night due to the final? Its just that I don't wanna hear who wins before I see it for myself.. and I have been following it from the start.. :P
    Good luck trying to avoid accidentally finding out, unless you log out of twitter, facebook, boards and any other social media that I haven't even heard of - and even then some eejit is guaranteed to blurt out the winner to you in conversation.

Nigh on impossible to avoid spoilers these days :mad:

I will be avoiding this thread until next week as I won't see tonight's show OR the final until Monday at the earliest - but I'd bet any money I'll know who's won before I get to watch!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Good luck trying to avoid accidentally finding out, unless you log out of twitter, facebook, boards and any other social media that I haven't even heard of - and even then some eejit is guaranteed to blurt out the winner to you in conversation.

Nigh on impossible to avoid spoilers these days :mad:

I will be avoiding this thread until next week as I won't see tonight's show OR the final until Monday at the earliest - but I'd bet any money I'll know who's won before I get to watch!

so who's your winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

In previous years the Masterchef Facebook page doesn't post the winner for a couple of days and then it posts a warning something like "WARNING - we will be posting the winner of MC on this page at 7pm this evening".

• Advertisement

In previous years the Masterchef Facebook page doesn't post the winner for a couple of days and then it posts a warning something like "WARNING - we will be posting the winner of MC on this page at 7pm this evening".
    I don't have that FB page.... it's all my gobby friends who let the cat out of the bag! :D

so who's your winner?
    Dunno!

Steve I think has been the most consistent, but hasn't wowed in the way that the girls have.

Saliha, if she's taken out of her Indian comfort zone, might lose the plot a bit.

Similarly for Giovanna - utterly brilliant at Italian cuisine (although didn't she produce some French classic dish at one stage that they all fell over with delight at?)

Of course I'm secretly hoping for Alison - but she's been less and less consistent as the rounds went on, so if she has a bad round tonight it could be curtains. She's certainly well capable of it, but whether she'll actually do it.....

Mind you, that could be said of them all :D

So yeah..... Dunno!!!

Dunno!

Oh sorry I misread your post - thought you were saying that you could bet who the winner will be - got you now.

Steve I think has been the most consistent, but hasn't wowed in the way that the girls have.

Saliha, if she's taken out of her Indian comfort zone, might lose the plot a bit.

Similarly for Giovanna - utterly brilliant at Italian cuisine (although didn't she produce some French classic dish at one stage that they all fell over with delight at?)

Of course I'm secretly hoping for Alison - but she's been less and less consistent as the rounds went on, so if she has a bad round tonight it could be curtains. She's certainly well capable of it, but whether she'll actually do it.....

Mind you, that could be said of them all :D

So yeah..... Dunno!!!

Steve is my pref - loved him from the start.. and he has shown great skill and learnt a lot and made v few errors - but the judges don't seem to have been wowed by him - not like with Alison.

Yeah Saliha won't make the cut.
    Gio is good - like you said with her own cuisine - she also freaks out when out of comfort zone.

Wow you like Alison? I can't take to her - cooking style or personality (I know, personality should not come into it but for me it has; I think the nature of the TV show makes it difficult to be 100% objective - and we can't taste or smell the food - so other factors creep in - like my perception of their personality). But regardless of her personality - she has skill - I appreciate that - but I don't like her style of cooking - too gamey for me.
    But the judges seem to love her and she has wowed some of the guest judges - she prob is the best (much as i dislike to say that). She has made the odd error too. But I think she will win.

Gosh - can you feel my excitement .. lol

Steve is my pref - loved him from the start.. and he has shown great skill and learnt a lot and made v few errors - but the judges don't seem to have been wowed by him - not like with Alison.

Yeah Saliha won't make the cut.
    Gio is good - like you said with her own cuisine - she also freaks out when out of comfort zone.

Wow you like Alison? I can't take to her - cooking style or personality (I know, personality should not come into it but for me it has; I think the nature of the TV show makes it difficult to be 100% objective - and we can't taste or smell the food - so other factors creep in - like my perception of their personality). But regardless of her personality - she has skill - I appreciate that - but I don't like her style of cooking - too gamey for me.
    But the judges seem to love her and she has wowed some of the guest judges - she prob is the best (much as i dislike to say that). She has made the odd error too. But I think she will win.

Gosh - can you feel my excitement .. lol

Oh stop, I can't believe I'm going miss the last TWO shows! :mad:

Alison reminds me of a pal of mine who looked (looks) like a blonde baby doll - but there was literally nothing she wouldn't eat - offal, trotters, pigs ears - you name it, and she'd cook it and love it. I suspect Alison would be of a similar bent - but has probably reined it in a bit for the sake of the competition.

Have to say I like her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

The Daily Mail always plasters the winner on its site very soon after. I might try and catch the final live.

• Advertisement

oh thats poop (if i do watch it fri night) as I am loving commenting on their FB posts.. (something I have never done before with non friends but thats just shows how much I am loving MC)

can't have it all.. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

tinpib wrote: »
    The Daily Mail always plasters the winner on its site very soon after. I might try and catch the final live.
    And I'd say deffo on BBC Breakfast Saturday morning possibly on Saturday Morning Kitchen Live, (though not an official guest as yet.) It's like years ago not wanting to know a football result to see the highlights on Sportsnight hoping you wouldn't hear it on the way home. :D

Ooooh, just seen we can move seamlessly on to MC The Professionals on Monday on RTE2 :D

Oh stop, I can't believe I'm going miss the last TWO shows! :mad:

Alison reminds me of a pal of mine who looked (looks) like a blonde baby doll - but there was literally nothing she wouldn't eat - offal, trotters, pigs ears - you name it, and she'd cook it and love it. I suspect Alison would be of a similar bent - but has probably reined it in a bit for the sake of the competition.

Have to say I like her!

its on tomorrow night too AFAIK so thats 3 you will miss.. :eek:

Fair enough on Alison.. i just can't take to her or her food (but I appreciate her skill etc)

i'm all about Steve..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Wow they suffered to do that braai, but it looked fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I like meat,but seeing blood coming out of it on the plates is disgusting.John said it was a bit "chewy",one of the guests said it was a bit "soft".It's f...ing raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Tomorrow's preview showed Alison looking very pained before the result was announced - I hope she didn't mess up this time.

Got home from work earlier than i thought i would, so despite the early start tomorrow said I'd sneak in tonight's episode.

Lots of dramatics about cooking on a big bbq! (Unless I'm missing something?)

Don't ask me to believe that they rocked up there, got given those recipes and hey presto produced all those dishes.

They all seem to have done well in task 1......

But give over moaning, Saliha!!! And she has the most annoying laugh.

Uh oh.... diva chef alert :eek:

Cutting pine nuts in three??? Really?

I'm all for fancy cooking, but that seems excessively OTT!

• Advertisement

"I'm really impressed that they're using local ingredients "

What, did he expect them to arrive with packs of bacon and bangers n mash and a few pints of lager or something??? (Struggling to think of über British ingredients here!!! :D )

And Alison's laugh is really annoying me tonight as well.... think I'm tired and should actually have gone to bed!

twill wrote: »
    Tomorrow's preview showed Alison looking very pained before the result was announced - I hope she didn't mess up this time.

no offense - but i hope she did :p

"I'm really impressed that they're using local ingredients "

What, did he expect them to arrive with packs of bacon and bangers n mash and a few pints of lager or something??? (Struggling to think of über British ingredients here!!! :D )

And Alison's laugh is really annoying me tonight as well.... think I'm tired and should actually have gone to bed!

i assume your referring to the 2nd challenge? She was happy out with the dish she was given so laughter galore.. me no likey her - her desert was pooooooorr...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

i assume your referring to the 2nd challenge? She was happy out with the dish she was given so laughter galore.. me no likey her - her desert was pooooooorr...
    It was okay - not distinguished, just a bit forgettable. Steve's lamb was definitely undercooked, though. Saliha did the best on that round.

twill wrote: »
    It was okay - not distinguished, just a bit forgettable. Steve's lamb was definitely undercooked, though. Saliha did the best on that round.

yeah i love Steve - annoyed that his lamb was under cooked - what happened him? at least they didn't say "raw"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not fan of barbecue anyway so definitely wouldn't be cooking on that huge thing! As my husband said - pretentious cooking - nuts in three and sauvignon foam (what a waste of good sauvignon :))

Yayy!!!

My evening out sailing got cancelled cos no wind and fog (:mad:) - but the upside is I'm home and get to watch this evening's episode!

Hope it's a bit more exciting than last night's.....

Saliha is turning into a right moaning minnie!

I love fish'n'chips - but that sounds revolting :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I thought Saliha's sounded amazing - but the challenge is making it look good!

Advertisement