Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mad but beautiful looking dish from Steve. Surprising to see a whole pig's head turned into that wafer thin slice!

Giovanna appears to have pulled off the duck and pine. As long as it doesn't taste like duck and toilet duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who's that Rankin chef???

I was only half watching when they said him first, assumed it'd be the Nordie fella....

Thai curry granita... Mmmmmm

Some cracking dishes there. Tomorrow will be fantastic!

• Advertisement

That laugh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

All of them did really well. Still see Steve winning, but it'll be an interesting final.

Awww it's a total swizz that Alison wasn't there for that round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up now, very disappointed Allison is gone. :(

Hope Steve or Giovanna win, can't take to Saliha at all.

Hope Steve or Giovanna win, can't take to Saliha at all.
    Same as that, have gone right off her in the last few episodes.

Think I'm gunning for Steve now that Alison is gone, if I'm honest. He's a really likeable character, and a DEMON cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

oh...... was soooooo happy for Steve when the judges commented on his meal... I did a little dance I kid you not!

Apologies in advance to Alison fans - but I was more than happy to see her go (I feel a tad bad about saying that lol)..

Her dish didn't make the judges top 3 fav - and that was evident from their reactions on tasting their dishes..

I hope Steve wins... lovvvve him - but would not be too unhappy if one of the ladies win either (though I don't think that they have his skill - but you never know how it will go on the night)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Yeah I thought she was robbed, wasn't much between the 3 after Steve and I thought she was better throughout the competition than Saliha and Giovanna. Really doesn't pay to do risky food combos, no bonus points if you pull it off and I told you so if you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Awww it's a total swizz that Alison wasn't there for that round.

Seemed like Alison generally produced better dishes than for example Steve did throughout the competition but Steve saved maybe his best dish for the semi-final (and of the final four) so had to go through.

Thought it would be Saliha to go in the end but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Allison on Today FM right now.

Social media is going mad about Alison's departure. A lot of people are pretty nasty in attacking Saliha, though. I really like her food and would eat it.

I find the drama off-putting and it even seems suspciously X-Factor-like. Last year and this year both had 'shock' high-profile eliminations. The winners in recent years (the Professionals too) have been down-to-earth types (albeit undoubtedly hugely talented) who invariably have heart-warming tales of overcoming adversity. It just feels a bit staged to me, and I wonder how much of that is in the editing and whether circumstances were tweaked to encourage a certain result. Which is disappointing, because I always liked Masterchef because it always seemed to be about the talent first.

twill wrote: »
    Social media is going mad about Alison's departure. A lot of people are pretty nasty in attacking Saliha, though. I really like her food and would eat it.

I find the drama off-putting and it even seems suspciously X-Factor-like. Last year and this year both had 'shock' high-profile eliminations. The winners in recent years (the Professionals too) have been down-to-earth types (albeit undoubtedly hugely talented) who invariably have heart-warming tales of overcoming adversity. It just feels a bit staged to me, and I wonder how much of that is in the editing and whether circumstances were tweaked to encourage a certain result. Which is disappointing, because I always liked Masterchef because it always seemed to be about the talent first.

i have it paused till dinner is ready lol..

i don't think that it is staged - I think its how the public are interpreting the results and social media is providing a platform for airing such views

sporina wrote: »
    i have it paused till dinner is ready lol..

i don't think that it is staged - I think its how the public are interpreting the results and social media is providing a platform for airing such views

It's just my feeling that the drama is supposed to stir up interest. I have no idea if that's the case, just a suspicion, and it's annoying.

Personal profiles - it'll probably be a while before we get to the cooking.

Saliha keeps creating dishes that I would devour. I was backing Lorna (we know how that went) but I think Saliha can do it (I guess that means Steve will win)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Really dragging it out with the finalists profiles.

Saliha keeps creating dishes that I would devour. I was backing Lorna (we know how that went) but I think Saliha can do it (I guess that means Steve will win)

i want to taste Saliha's rose chicken dish - but I love steve - Steve to win

• Advertisement

If Steve is on his game, I can't see him losing.

And, after 20 minutes, it's nearly time to cook!

"Cook like you've never cooked before"

Wrong, John! Wrong!

Last thing you want is undercooked boiled egg (not that it would happen)

Come on Giovanna! Focus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Steve's menu sounds the best i reckon. Missed a few episodes this week so suprised to see allison gone. Thought she was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I missed last nights episode and I was disappointed to hear Alison didn't make the final 3. Giovanna's food looks yummy...considering she was having a bit of meltdown a few minutes ago!

Giovanna was in a mess with ten minutes to go,yet she is at the table with John and Greg showing brilliant food?.Strange?

Giovanna: Starter amazing, main sublime, dessert slightly rustic. Was that the slip to cost her?

More raw meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Very pink and doesn't look appetising to my eyes

Advertisement