Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I was surprised Dev got through with that pancake dish. I think Kate deserved to be in the final for the quality of her dishes throughout the show, they were better then Dev's. However I didn't like her (I know she is a vicar but did she have to mention god/religion in every sentence) so glad I don't have to watch her anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just finished catching up.
    She's obviously a great cook as John and Greg are delighted with her dishes, but I am really tired of Ulrika and her nervousness/fragility - I know she can't help it, it doesn't seem like that fake worrying that some do when they know they've done well, and this probably makes me heartless...

Loved seeing Cherish Finden, she seemed much more tolerant of the OK quality of the patisserie, unlike on Creme de la Creme. Interesting to see the quality of her creations and how she is worthy to critique the pastry chefs on that programme.

It was a toss up for me between Dev and Kate. I agree that the quality of Kate's dishes were better throughout the show, but I really like Dev so was glad to see him go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Annani

Just watching on catch up for Friday.

I thought Leslie was thrown to the wolfs there with the curry.

Would have liked if they had picked the boxes randomly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Annani wrote: »
    Just watching on catch up for Friday.

I thought Leslie was thrown to the wolfs there with the curry.

Would have liked if they had picked the boxes randomly

I thought they did pick the boxes randomly? Or at least, picked their workstation randomly, and got whatever box was on it?

Also sick of Ulrika agonising and stressing, makes Angelica seem like a rainbow of positivity and good cheer in comparison! I really like both her and Dev for their attitudes.

Becky has come on in leaps and bounds, but I don't think she has what it takes to win. But who knows?

For me, it's Angelica's title to lose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

just got around to watching the last 2 episodes this weekend - yeah surprised that Dev got through over Kate - I wonder why?

But in saying that, i think kate is a good cook - she could make a feast for a hungry bunch fast,, but she is no masterchef..

Angelica to win - she was class in the last episode.,

Yeah with ye on Ulrika - I think thats an attention seeking thing - she is not that anxious - she wouldn't be there or have her career is she was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dragging it out at the start tonight with the family stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Dragging it out at the start tonight with the family stuff.
    Every Masterchef final (Celeb or otherwise) spends a good 15 - 20 minutes on the family muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

*NOSPOILER* A deserved winner. Delighted that other one didn't win.

phew - just finished watching the last 2 episodes - I really thought that Ulrika was gonna win based on the lads going gooey over her.. soooo delighted Angelica won - tbh she was the winner from the start..

They were really trying to sell the nervous wreck to poised confident chef thing with Ulrika, but through the whole final Angelica was perfect. They made the right choice in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Anyone notice that Angelica and Dev really hugged whereas Ultima stood to one side and got a perfunctory hug.

amtc wrote: »
    Anyone notice that Angelica and Dev really hugged whereas Ultima stood to one side and got a perfunctory hug.

no but i didn't watch that closely - what are you alluding to?

I did notice however that Angelica didn't seem too happy for Ulrika - fake kinda smile - she was probably sick of listening to the guys drooling all over her.. the way they praised her dishes - omg - pass me the sick bag - they were not as excited about Angelica's dishes - but at least they gave it to her in the end.. i would have lost respect for the show had they given it to Ulrika - some of her dishes were good = esp her desert - but Angelica was solid from the start and didn't look for any attention from the judges unlike needy Ulrika

Just catching up on the final episode a week late......

Has there ever been a monumental cock-up on the snazzy Michelin-starred meals they make them do? They make such a big deal of the complexity and so on, but they always seem to get there in the end. Makes me a bit suspicious ..... (cynical, who me?)

Oh look Ulrika's crying again.

In all fairness for the Michelin Kitchen, both Dev and Ulrika seemed to be constantly shadowed by the professionals, while Angelica was like "Taste this. Good? Go away now"

They can't not get it right, but it's how much professional assistance goes into their dishes.

Still haven't looked at comments about the final round, but just watched Dev's judgement day......

What ever happened to contrasting textures in a dish??? Cod tongues (euwwww, but I'm assuming they're soft) with mash (more soft) - and they're giving out about the crunchy onions on the side? I'd have thought something crunchy would be an absolute requirement???

Glad to see Ulrika (Eureka) took her daughter's advice and just threw flowers onto everything!

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhh...... brown bread icecream..... memories from a long-ago childhood..... yummmm!!!!

But did she really just serve a giant dinner-plate-sized tarte to two people as dessert????

I'm getting close to final judgement - but in my eyes Angelica wins hands down for presentation.

Man alive, her dessert looks just FABULOUS!!!!

amtc wrote: »

Me!

Thought they looked like they were really fond of each other, and it was sweet how they supported each other. Ulrika (Ultima :D) looked very much the outsider in that trio.

Right result - indeed, the ONLY result - in the end!

I'm still drooling at the thought of that pear/almond tart dessert!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm still drooling at the thought of that pear/almond tart dessert!

Put me down for two... And one for afters!

• Advertisement

it was a fairly non eventful series in fairness.. but I am glad Angelica won and that Ulrika did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

MasterChef: The Professionals returns on Tuesday 7th November. Greg, Monica and Marcus all return.

MasterChef: The Professionals returns on Tuesday 7th November. Greg, Monica and Marcus all return.

don't like the Professional one at all.. prob cos they are professionals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Ah feck, had completely forgotten about this until I noticed it in the sky planner just now!

Tonight is episode 5.... have I missed much so far???

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Not a huge amount. About two or three really promising chefs so far. Gregg is a bit less annoying than last year and the skills tests are more about testing basic chef skills and less about Marcus and Monica showing off.

Oooh, dunno about Monica's new hair.......

What brown liquid did he add from a jug into the prawn sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

That pasta by Marcus looks great.

You'd think they'd replace Greg seeing as no one seems to like him much.

Always thought I'd miss Michel Roux Jr. but I prefer Marcus now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

South African did well... confident.

Scottish guy didn't do great......

Claudia is doing worse than I would... and I have never had any training. What is going on with her dish?

Advertisement