Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Uh oh, Shauna...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Shauna's dessert just looks bizarre.

And not in a good way.

Oh dear.

Lots of issues on a plate there, but her previous work saves her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Shauna or Imran.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Shauna or Imran.
    If it's between those two, has to be Imran to go, surely?

• Advertisement

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

That's a travesty.

Didn't see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

That's a travesty.

Her dessert was dire,looked awful and almost inedible.

I'm calling shenanigans on that.

They both fecked up their dishes, but Shauna was CLEARLY the better cook.

IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

It was just a weird concoction. They have said before if you can't eat it don't put it on the plate so the star anise and cinnamon stick didn't help.

• Advertisement

Her dessert was dire,looked awful and almost inedible.
    His wasn't even cooked properly!

The only thing they could praise was the quince. Everything else they criticised, quite sharply.

I was just about to hit submit on this when I had to abort. Something was very wrong there!

"The dentist bit off more than he could chew."

Did Shauna nearly get knocked out in a previous round or am I thinking of Alison? Generally if there's a decision to make, it's the person who was given a chance before. Though I seem to remember Imran nearly getting knocked out on one occasion.

(Yes, just remembered, Shauna did the disastrous Irish breakfast. She put tea flavour on the lovely bacon.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Oh give over complaining about yer back, Imran :mad:

FFS!

deservedly so it would seem! But at least his flavours worked. But Shauna deserved to go - her flavours didn't gel well..

I am sooo happy for DJ/Drummer Lyndsey - she is showing real talent - natural skill but learning on the job.. fair play.. my MC high so far..

Lorna and giovanni did themselves no justice tonight.. lessons learnt i hope..

Jamie was good - he has a great palate

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Was sure Imran would go. They should have kept Shauna.

How is Jamie northern Irish with that accent?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought Shauna was the right choice to go. :o
    She barely scraped through the last round and they have told her a thousand times to stop loading her plates with too many clashing flavours and once again she didn't listen.
    It was a shame, but I suspected they wouldn't give her another chance. :/

unichick wrote: »
    How is Jamie northern Irish with that accent?

If you listen to him, you can hear it in some of his phrases. He must have been living in England for a while.

I like the sound of Lorna's grapefruit posset. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Go Alison!

Were they not all raving about raw venison the other night?

Make yizzer minds up!

A fair few dud reviews here....

Makes Alison's dish look all the more impressive.

LOVE the sound of Lorna 's grapefruit dish.

But on the basis of it not being a sweet "sweet"! How did she manage to make it too sweet even for Greg :eek:

• Advertisement

Can't remember how raw the other venison dish was, but Imran's was really underdone.

Disappointed that Lorna managed to make pink grapefruit too sweet!

Imran is giving everyone else a respite. He has to be the one to go. His showed little ambition in comparison to everyone, apart from anything else.

Back on Monday!

Called it!

(Okay, I called it a day early, but it was still his time to go)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

now the reallll competition begins.. though I do think that the lady dj/drummer could be the weakest of the remainder..

but it seems it depends on the day/night..

Jamie could be a real contestant - and not sure why but he didn't stand out to me at the start - but I like him now..

Still - I love Steve, Faye and Giovanni.. would love one of those to win

I know Lorna and the Irish las are good but I just don't feel their passion - its a subjective thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Really enjoying the show Im delighted Lyndsey is still in, I thought she was just scraping along but served some great food, she seems a real likeable person. Steve is very good, the lads like him, but Alison seems the best so far IMO , one poor dish so far..Her accent drives me mad but she is as cute as a button..

4Ad wrote: »
    Really enjoying the show Im delighted Lyndsey is still in, I thought she was just scraping along but served some great food, she seems a real likeable person. Steve is very good, the lads like him, but Alison seems the best so far IMO , one poor dish so far..Her accent drives me mad but she is as cute as a button..

It's very enjoyable this year, there's a lot of genuine talent and pretty much everyone seems likeable. Steve has been the most consistent, but I agree that he and Alison are leading the pack. Shauna and Alison's accents are very Americanised, quite odd, especially given that one of them (Alison?) talked about being from the west.

I'm a little annoyed by the constant inclusion of everyone encouraging each other. You'd have to wonder if the producers ask them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Alison is a Dub but Shauna is from Sligo originally. She's been working in London 14 years. Alison is working in London too but only 4 years.

Alison is a Dub but Shauna is from Sligo originally. She's been working in London 14 years. Alison is working in London too but only 4 years.

Ah, ok, that makes more sense, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Did John have salad on his wrist through all those tastings? Looked like he dropped it and never noticed!

Only catching up now, Steve is really pulling ahead, as is Alison

Did John have salad on his wrist through all those tastings? Looked like he dropped it and never noticed!

Only catching up now, Steve is really pulling ahead, as is Alison

I am not the only one to have noticed that then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Fully caught up now. Agree that Steve and Alison are leading the way, Steve with barely any major mistakes just a couple of minor ones and Alison with 1 dud dish and then almost all universal plaudits.

Imran deserved to go, deserved to go instead of Shauna the day before IMO.

Noticed the salad bracelet John wore as well.

Advertisement