Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef UK 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

tinpib wrote: »
    Fully caught up now. Agree that Steve and Alison are leading the way, Steve with barely any major mistakes just a couple of minor ones and Alison with 1 dud dish and then almost all universal plaudits.

Imran deserved to go, deserved to go instead of Shauna the day before IMO.

Noticed the salad bracelet John wore as well.

i think i've made my mind up - i'm for Steve to win - though I am not sure what his goal is with regards cooking? I believe he is a very happy DJ - did he mention his ambition with regards to the future and cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'll miss Lyndsey...a bit of fun.
    It was hard to pick one tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Awww, Lyndsay. :( It's at the point now where they're splitting hairs in the judging decisions.

I'm less confident about Alison, she's less consistent than winners tend to be. Giovanna may be in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I didn't get to watch it this evening. Curse being sent on an errand right at 7.30 :(

I didn't get to watch it this evening. Curse being sent on an errand right at 7.30 :(

awe no and I assume you read the recent posts? you should have stayed off this and watched a repeat/recording..

Lyndsey has talent but she was the one to go tonight..
    Enjoyed her on this though... her Tiramisu was class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Missed it too, but glad to see who went from sits above. She was fun but I thought she was being given a lot of leeway.
    I picked Steve out as potential winner a few weeks ago, money's still on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Wonder what the Holby gang will be like. When it was Eastenders a few years back, Danny Diva Dyer was an a$$hole whining about his dinner taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I wish they'd give over raving on about the show..... i don't give a monkeys about HC, i tuned in to watch the cooking!

And all the formulaic panicking about the time.... yeah yeah we get it.

God I'm in a bad humour tonight :(

And now they're (blue team) all calm, working away and on time so John tries to wind them up.

That veggie pasta dish looks gorgeous!

• Advertisement

No doubts in the decision. Even if all dishes were equal, the control in the tent was exceptional.

Oh Faye........... :eek:

Giovanna's dish just looks like a plate of burnt stuff.

Giovanna's dish looked too one colour, but I would have happily eaten the shallot tart.

Faye's looked completely wrong, and was, well, completely wrong

Brodie's needed sauce, and either rice or potato.

Allison's needed just a little tidy up, but otherwise was bang on.

The right decision was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Brodie has made several curries at this point, hasn't he?

Faye's head was on the chopping block even before she started because she didn't really give leadership in the red kitchen, but her dish was really ill-conceived.

This year's bunch are pretty good all the same, and Steve is still out in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Steve in fine form, great leadership in the team task.
    Gutted for Faye, it went a bit pear shaped for her with the duck in the tent, which really seemed to throw her off her game. Very strange dish back in the kitchen. The right decision was made.

Also I agree, Brodie's go to dish seems to be curry...

Can't believe that Faye made what she did - man.. I am soo surprised that she couldn't come up with something substantial..
    She can cook - but had been lacking invention skills..

Steve was unreal tonight - he's a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It seemed to me that the challenges set for the teams were very unequal: there is far more prepping in duck than in halibut.

It seemed to me that the challenges set for the teams were very unequal: there is far more prepping in duck than in halibut.

that could be true but Steve was a dinger on the Halibut - might have been a different story if someone else was prepping it but I don't know..

the blue team were operating so well..

giovanni was stressing big time - not the best team player me thinks..

in general the red team didn't look like they were working well together

Fish and a 7 course VIP lunch for 20 on the task today. Should be fun!

• Advertisement

Fish n seafood - yuck!!!

Even to my (very) uneducated eye Lorna is making a dog's dinner of that fish :eek:

It's a good thing those fish were dead, because she was murdering them.

Ugh........ that octopus is REVOLTING!

Nifty trick with the wine bottle there :D

Will have to remember the wine trick!

Meltdown... recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Lorna having a meltdown over a bit of flour. Send her home now. I don't find her likeable as a contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

Bit worrying how Greig was holding that Italian sausage there!

At first I was, like.... ah FFS Lorna....

But now I'm leaning more towards.... ah jaysus, poor Lorna - the stress of that must be mighty.

I was SURE I noticed her being a leftie in other episodes, now she's chopping onion (or cabbage, or whatever that purple stuff was) with her right hand..... has the stress got to her that much :confused:

Yeah, David - "simple fish, cooked simply" I think is precisely NOT what you're going to be getting today :D

• Advertisement

The plaice looks magnificent!

Advertisement