Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM has 'retained' money i tried to lodge

Options
  • 17-03-2017 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Yesterday at 6.50 pm i tried to lodge €330 by card in the ATM of the Baggott Street branch of the Bank of Ireland.
    It returned notes twice so i straightened them and lodged them again as requested. On the second time though, it returned 50 with a message onscreen saying that the rest had been 'retained' and that i should speak to a staff member.
    Obviously finding a staff member was impossible at 6.50 pm on the evening of a bank holiday. I have now been left with just 50 euro for the St Patrick's weekend.
    I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with the problems caused by the BOI's forcing its customers to rely on faulty technology. This is not what we pay our fees for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

It doesnt resolve your predicament but I lodge at these outside machines several times a week for years and have experienced your issue but not anymore.Heres why.
    The trap has a belt that pulls the money or cheques through.If you put your money too far in, the belts grip the back of the notes and are forced to "push" them through which of course folds the notes thus returning them to you to try again.
    Place your notes so you can see one third of it and the trap will work as designed. I have lodged about 600 times in 2 years now with no issues using the above method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jayzusb.christ,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty using the lodgement ATM. If you call our Customer Service Team on 0818 365 365 an adviser will be happy to look into this further with the branch. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭jayzusb.christ

Hi jayzusb.christ,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

I'm sorry to hear you've had difficulty using the lodgement ATM. If you call our Customer Service Team on 0818 365 365 an adviser will be happy to look into this further with the branch. 

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks Tara, I'll do that

Advertisement