Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaf Second Service

• 17-03-2017 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

HI , quick question

at the rate Im clocking up mileage , Im doing to services a year on the Leaf. SO just recently she went in at around 45K for a second service

Previous dealer had marked the 2nd service as " major "

but this dealer , did the service and marked it as minor, said that there was no need to rotate wheels as wear was very even , brakes pads were fine, no need to replace brake fluid or pollen filter as they were all fine ( in his opinion )

what ya think guys ? ( this was a major Nissan EV dealer )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

The only difference between "Major" and "Minor" is the brake fluid and pollen filter.

The service after that is just an inspection. I think at your mileage just keep it to a service every 30,000km or one year.
    There's no point to doing it twice a year, because there is so little for them to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

cros13 wrote: »
    The only difference between "Major" and "Minor" is the brake fluid and pollen filter.

The service after that is just an inspection. I think at your mileage just keep it to a service every 30,000km or one year.
    There's no point to doing it twice a year, because there is so little for them to do.

my question was should they have replaced the fluid and the filter anyway ?

Im happy enough to service it twice a year, its gets a lot of use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Unless you were servicing based on calendar time or the brake fluid looked off they would have just checked the levels and topped it up.

Probably the same with the pollen filter.

My point is that unless there was a bit of uneven tire wear, there's not much for them to do beyond ticking the box that says all four wheels are present and correct and printing out a battery health report.

What did they charge you for? Major/Minor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

cros13 wrote: »
    Unless you were servicing based on calendar time or the brake fluid looked off they would have just checked the levels and topped it up.

Probably the same with the pollen filter.

My point is that unless there was a bit of uneven tire wear, there's not much for them to do beyond ticking the box that says all four wheels are present and correct and printing out a battery health report.

What did they charge you for? Major/Minor?

€129, did a ring round , didnt find anywhere cheaper within 100km

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BoatMad wrote: »
    €129, did a ring round , didnt find anywhere cheaper within 100km

Yeah mine is €140 in H&M in Blanchardstown.

• Advertisement
Advertisement