Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to receive exact amount of money from Uk

• 17-03-2017 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Someone from the Uk needs to send me some money and have asked hie much it is in £. I can use a currency converter but obviously that is only going to be an estimate. Are they able to make a SEPA transfer that will give me the exact amount of money into my account or what is the best way? I don't know what bank they are with but i am BoI.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tell them to contact their bank about it. A SWIFT transfer might be the best option...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Tell them to use TransferWise. Not only will they save on currency conversion fees but it has the option to set exactly how much euro you want the beneficiary to receive and then tell you how much sterling to pay.

Advertisement