Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best foxing bullet ( not hornady)

Options
  • 17-03-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

As title reads, what do you think is the best .223 bullet for the red lad.
    My supply of fiocchi vmax is getting low and not being able to get any more I was wondering what other good bullets you use.
    I used the fiocchi for a couple of years now and found them brilliant.
    If I have to I will get the Hornady vmax but they are very expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I use 55gr hp Remington. Nice damage on a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Tikka391

hedzball wrote: »

Thanks hedzball, yea I'm familiar with the different brands and that. There's such a big range I'd like to know what bullets lads find good and what ones are crap stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Thanks hedzball, yea I'm familiar with the different brands and that. There's such a big range I'd like to know what bullets lads find good and what ones are crap stuff like that.

To be honest. I know a fella who used to shoot american eagle HP on them killed em stone dead. I used use UMC 50gr and they were cracking too.

The soft point 50 in a box hornadys are meant to be great too.

The fiocchis are a great round though. about 300fps off what they claim mind! :eek:

'hdz

hedzball wrote: »
    To be honest. I know a fella who used to shoot american eagle HP on them killed em stone dead. I used use UMC 50gr and they were cracking too.

The soft point 50 in a box hornadys are meant to be great too.

The fiocchis are a great round though. about 300fps off what they claim mind! :eek:

'hdz
    Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

used american eagle HP they are a hit and miss some foxes were just a mess others would just run had put to a second into them, Remington HP were the same, i think Vmax is the best round you can use on foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭tikkamark

There's Remington umc's hp's,federal vital shock ballistic tip 55gr,Winchester super x 55gr,American eagle,hornady spire points 50 box,fiocchi hp 50 box there's serious selection of .223 stuff out there

tikkamark wrote: »
    There's Remington umc's hp's,federal vital shock ballistic tip 55gr,Winchester super x 55gr,American eagle,hornady spire points 50 box,fiocchi hp 50 box there's serious selection of .223 stuff out there

try the hornady vmax 55gr.

Hunter456 wrote: »
    try the hornady vmax 55gr.

Yea I've used them before, there great. It very expensive. Just wondering was there a cheaper option.
    I found the fiocchi, I found them brilliant, but can't be got any more.

Tikka391 wrote: »
    Yea I've used them before, there great. It very expensive. Just wondering was there a cheaper option.
    I found the fiocchi, I found them brilliant, but can't be got any more.

i used fiocchi all the time but they are gone off the market and they are good if its value your looking for try the Hornady SP in 50 boxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Damoeire33

The fiocchi Factory in Italy has started production of 55gr vmax im told so we should see them on the shelves again within a month.

In the mean time im using the 50 box of 50gr fiocchi, once I do my bit half right they drop on the spot.

Advertisement