Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding diamonds to a wedding band?

• 17-03-2017 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've recently got my wedding band which is Palladium 950 and has a single diamond set into the band.
    However, I didn't realise how small the diamond would look on the band (size V) and I was wondering would it be possible to get another diamond or possibly another two diamonds set onto the band?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Abrys wrote: »
    I've recently got my wedding band which is Palladium 950 and has a single diamond set into the band.
    However, I didn't realise how small the diamond would look on the band (size V) and I was wondering would it be possible to get another diamond or possibly another two diamonds set onto the band?

Cheers

I would recommend topaz jewellers on upper gerald Griffin street for any work needed done to jewellery, his work is excellent and he will only do it if the finished product will be right. He is also very competitively priced, he will not barter his price.

He made my engagement ring using a diamond we had in the family, you may have to wait a few weeks for the work but it is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'll second Topaz. Was delighted when he managed to fix a pair of earrings for me last year and my friend had her late Mam's engagement ring remodelled and he did a brilliant job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Abrys

Thanks for the speedy replies guys!

I actually rang the jewellers I got the ring from (Fields) to see what they would say and they actually said they have dealings with Topaz and recommended them. Also a colleague of mine suggested Topaz this morning so I'll definitely be going with them. Fields said I can drop the ring into them at the Crescent and they can see what they can do or I can go to Topaz directly. I may drop it to Fields next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Abrys wrote: »
    Thanks for the speedy replies guys!

I actually rang the jewellers I got the ring from (Fields) to see what they would say and they actually said they have dealings with Topaz and recommended them. Also a colleague of mine suggested Topaz this morning so I'll definitely be going with them. Fields said I can drop the ring into them at the Crescent and they can see what they can do or I can go to Topaz directly. I may drop it to Fields next week.

I would recommend you head into topaz yourself, that way you can chat to the jeweller directly, unfortunately I can't remember his first name. He is really good at what he does and he will help make the right decision for your ring. There is usually plenty of on street parking on that section of upper gerald Griffin street, and no appointment necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

If Topaz doesn't work out for you Brian Gleeson in Shannon might be worth a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Abrys

Birdie086 wrote: »
    I would recommend you head into topaz yourself, that way you can chat to the jeweller directly, unfortunately I can't remember his first name. He is really good at what he does and he will help make the right decision for your ring. There is usually plenty of on street parking on that section of upper gerald Griffin street, and no appointment necessary.

Thanks Birdie086, I actually pass Uppr Gerald Griffin street walking to work everyday so I may drop in to them in the morning!

Advertisement