Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Person you most like in football ...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Beckham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If this was 2002 I'd have a different answer, but I really like both Mick McCarthy and Roy Keane. Mick seems like a genuinely good bloke, and Roy always has interesting comments.
    I think Roy is genuinely funny in his media work, he can make a good point and be deadly serious but leave a hint of humour in it. Wouldn't fancy having him as a manager though.

Brian Kerr and Kenny Cunningham are 2 others in the irish set up I like and respect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Kevin Hunt, best player in LOI history and a gentleman to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Kevin Kilbane. Comes across as a really genuine guy, always gave 100% for Ireland, does a lot of work for Downs Syndrome charity's.

Interesting that Jimmy Bullard was mentioned on this thread. IIRC Bullards huge contract left Hull in serious difficulty at a time when the club was really struggling financially. I'm pretty sure that it was at this time that Kilbane agreed to half his salary for the remaining year on his contract, and extend it by one year. Effectively he did two years at Hull for one years salary. Whether his motivation was the extra year as a player or the good of the club is irrelevant, he's an admirable guy

Indeed. I was very surprised to see Bullard mentioned as I find him one of the most annoying chavvy pricks every to pull on a jersey. He should be outside a bar in ibiza enticing people in with free shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

You may not 'like' them as such but the opponents panto villain always increased the enjoyment of playing some teams.

Jurgen Klinsmann, Vinnie Jones, Paolo Montero, Franco Baresi, John Terry, Patrick Viera, Luis Suarez etc.

..it's even better if they win sod all too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kevin Hunt, best player in LOI history and a gentleman to boot.

Great shout. Thoroughly enjoyed his testimonial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

it has to be king luis, such an infectious character and a huge talent, special mention for barnsey too ,always liked him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Vomit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

For the night that's in it, Lukas Podolski is a lovely man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

After watching Italia 90 as a kid, every time I scored a goal in the local park I would celebrate Rogger Milla style. I absolutely loved the man.

Cant really think of anyone in the modern game, Maybe Zola he seems to always come across like a proper gent.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    Vomit

U referring to my post? Explain if u are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If he wasn't, he should have been.

You can't refer to a footballer as "King" around mature, developed individuals and not expect said individuals to be absolutely appalled by the level of cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You are entitled to like and respect the guy and think he is royalty because he was a good player for your club but I imagine others like the poster above find the whole concept vomit worthy!

Edit,,,,,,Liam, you got there ahead of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

ander herrera/juan mata

Jesus lads ye are highly strung if my comment got to ye.

Long live the king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Jesus lads ye are highly strung if my comment got to ye.

Long live the king.

It didn't get to me! I know how Pool fans regard Suarez and no harm! I just found the reply funny and apt! You would as well if it was someone equivalent from another team like Nicky Butt or Jesper Olsen...:D

I think the poster's reply got to you though....:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

irishchris wrote: »
    ander herrera/juan mata

Jaysis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Alex Morgan

It didn't get to me! I know how Pool fans regard Suarez and no harm! I just found the reply funny and apt! You would as well if it was someone equivalent from another team like Nicky Butt or Jesper Olsen...:D

I think the poster's reply got to you though....:D:D

i can confirm i didnt give a rats ass what he said :D:D

just wanted clarification

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

AndersonIsGod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

irishchris wrote: »
    ander herrera/juan mata

Was about to say those two lads. Great personalities and devotion. Love Roy Keane also.

But I would say, if I had to pick one person above all others, it would be Kevin Kilbane, who's already been spoken about plenty in this threat. Although Pirlo is in close second for his attitude to the sport and general humility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Keano

Terry

Lampard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Roy keane - Growing up i was a massive man united fan, used to go to all the internationals in landsdowne road. Standing with my match program by the tunnel they would enter hoping to get an autograph. I got Bonners and Quinss but all i wanted was keanos.

I seen him get off the bus and cautiously approached. Man was a beast on the field so i was intimidated, as i went over i was floored by hoardes of other fans who surrounded him. He was ushered away and i was devastated.

I went back to my dad and his mates gutted. My dads mate grabbed my program, ran over to the tunnel that had a stairs going down it. keane was at the bottom till my mate shouted "another one for the lads"

He ran back up the to the top of the stairs, signed it and went on his way.

He didnt have to do it but he did. Made me quite a happy lad that day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

callaway92 wrote: »
    Jaysis

He is quite a good player for man city alright :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Evra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Evra.

10/10 for Effort.

Ronaldinho for me. Some of the things he could do with a football was out of this world always came across as a decent fella.

And even with all the money he earned, he was never arsed about fixing his teeth :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

10/10 for Effort.

Ronaldinho for me. Some of the things he could do with a football was out of this world always came across as a decent fella.

And even with all the money he earned, he was never arsed about fixing his teeth :pac:

What? He played for ManUtd for years, his off field stuff was very funny even when he was at United. He was excellent character in the dressing room and is very passionate about ManUtd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Start the night with Mark Kennedy and Phil Babb but when things get too wild have a pre-arranged meet up with Andy Reid for the sing song.

Advertisement