Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to whole milk

Options
  • 17-03-2017 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

My little man is turning 1 in couple weeks id like to wean him.off formula what's the best way ie gradual, hot or.cold etc thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We swapped one ounce at a time and it was grand... at the same time we swapped from warm bottles to cool and cold so now she still is milk out of the fridge happily. So for a few days her 8oz bottle was made up of 7oz formula 1oz milk, then 6+2 etc. Then once she was happily on milk we switched from bottles to straw cups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Straight swap here, never had any problems. Did it a bit later with my last as he had severe reflux but he was ok with the switch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lolococo

I did a straight swop to Supermilk for my two girls and they didn't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

We swapped from boob to cows milk with no issues. Straight swap. I put it in the microwave for about 40 Sec just to warm it slightly!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Straight swap here. My little girl stopped milk completely at 11 months and takes while milk in cereal really. The odd time she'll take a sip of while milk without any hassle or problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement