Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half price Dewalt DCF899P2-GB 18 V impact wrech - screwfix.ie

• 17-03-2017 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I just picked one of these up. Dewalt DCF899P2-GB Absolute beast of battery powered impact wrench that makes light work of pretty much any bolt.

They are €210 on screwfix.ie at the moment with free shipping. You get 2x 5ah batteries, a case, and charger also with this! Very handy tool, and a serious bargain at this price.

https://www.ie.screwfix.com/dewalt-dcf899p2-gb-18v-5-0ah-li-ion-cordless-impact-wrench.html

ybNlSvD.jpg?1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Looks like a super deal the batteries would cost nearly that 950Nm !

Amazon price history for perspective:
    amazon.png?force=1&zero=0&w=725&h=440&desired=false&legend=1&ilt=1&tp=all&fo=0&lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Last thing I needed as I have the Bosch version, but at that price couldn't leave it behind. 950 nm is serious torque from a 18v tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Page could not be found:confused:

vicwatson wrote: »
    Page could not be found:confused:

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/dewalt-dcf899p2-gb-18v-5-0ah-li-ion-cordless-impact-wrench.html

If not just search for the model and it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Link seems to be working now but wasn't before. The SKU is 2134J if you want to search for it directly on screwfix.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Took a look at this and ended up buying a Makita vacuum. Cheers op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Thanks, bought one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Savage price. Pity it wasn't a driver. I'd have been all over it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

They wont ship putside Europe and the German store doesnt have it on offer :(

Edit: International store has it for 5euro cheaper but they dont deliver here or to Germany where I have a delivery address

Folks, not detracting from the deal in any way as it's fantastic, particularly considering the 2 x 5ah batteries, but just an FYI:
    This is an impact wrench as opposed to an impact driver. The latter is ideal as a screwdriver for home DIY enthusiasts but this baby is designed for mechanical work. Great for working on stubborn nuts and bolts.

• Advertisement

I have a cordless drill and hammeraction already, but here in Switzerland we have to change winter to summer tyres and its always difficult to get the nuts off, not to mention trying to remove caliper bolts etc, im guessing this tool is suitable for that?

I have a cordless drill and hammeraction already, but here in Switzerland we have to change winter to summer tyres and its always difficult to get the nuts off, not to mention trying to remove caliper bolts etc, im guessing this tool is suitable for that?

Yes it is ideal for that, professional mechanics use these all the time, I bought it too work on my own car. Two things to note are:

1: You need to use 'impact' sockets with this, they have thicker sidewalls and are usually treated (cold forged etc) to be tougher than regular sockets. This tool has so much torque that it will easily snap regular 1/2" sockets. These are readily available in and shop that sells car tools, screwfix have them.

2: When using this gun to tighten nuts / bolts on your car, you should use it on the lowest setting and finish off the tightening by hand. Otherwise you run the risk of over tightening. The highest setting would be way too tight for most wheel nuts / bolts and easily do damage.

Yes, perfectly. Should make very light work on nut/bolt removal However, when tightening, always use an adjustable torque wrench set to manufacturers guidelines. Looking at the specs on this thing, it'd happily shear bolts for fun.

Just purchased one anyway. Couldn't resist at that price.

Edit:Whoops. Mimm covered it perfectly!

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am familiar with impact tools, just not the required levels of torque for undoing stuck bolts etc.

I managed to order it with a delivery address in France over the border. I already have impact sockets from a halfords set I bought years ago in Ireland, so when visiting the family in June ill kindly take them with me :pac:

Great deal mimm, thanks for posting.

Check this out. Love the bit where he says "don't think it's too happy about it......"

Fast forward to the 2min mark.

https://youtu.be/vXt4dpTafo0

Thanks for the heads up guys. I am familiar with impact tools, just not the required levels of torque for undoing stuck bolts etc.

I managed to order it with a delivery address in France over the border. I already have impact sockets from a halfords set I bought years ago in Ireland, so when visiting the family in June ill kindly take them with me :pac:

Great deal mimm, thanks for posting.

Good stuff, glad you got sorted. A very good deal no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Good stuff, glad you got sorted. A very good deal no doubt.

It's a savage deal, I ordered not long after you posted it, tbh I think it's a misprice.
    My order is at the Pick & Pack stage, hope it gets posted.

11214 wrote: »
    .... tbh I think it's a misprice.
    My order is at the Pick & Pack stage, hope it gets posted.

Mine has just been "shipped".

Mines shipped too! Very quick indeed

Ah Jesus mine still hasn't shipped :(

• Advertisement

I'm still at pick and pack stage too.

Cocoon wrote: »
    I'm still at pick and pack stage too.

Relax lads. Safe as houses.

The tension is palpable. I did think there was a good chance it was a mis-price. I feel like we got this one though, the bargain gods are on our side. No man will be left behind, we are in this together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Out of stock now

rustynutz wrote: »
    Out of stock now

And you could really have done with one:D

Just got shipping notification. Happy days.

dodzy wrote: »
    And you could really have done with one:D

Just got shipping notification. Happy days.

No, I have zero use for one, but in true BA style it got inside my head and I was in the process of convincing myself I needed one, so I was delighted when it was out of stock, just saved myself 210 euro, now that really is a bargain:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Think dodzy might have been referring to your nutz, which are apparently rusty :D

cletus wrote: »
    Think dodzy might have been referring to your nutz, which are apparently rusty :D

Ha ha, don't know how I missed that one:P

Got shipping notification this morning too, happy days.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

the batteries are worth that price alone

Just got a shipping notification, happy days. Well spotted m-i-m-m-, thank you.

I reckon this is the biggest saving I've made on this forum in ten years, cracking deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

pissed off i missed this, the same item is 350 sterling on screwfix.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Jumped on yesterday evening - still processing, have use for it most certainly...

Assume batteries can be used with other deWalt compatible bodies?

Assume batteries can be used with other deWalt compatible bodies?

Yes no problem.

For those with a pile of "old" DeWalt tools, there is an adapter available DCA1820, which allows the new DeWalt LiIon batteries to be used in most of the old tools.

Yes no problem.

For those with a pile of "old" DeWalt tools, there is an adapter available DCA1820, which allows the new DeWalt LiIon batteries to be used in most of the old tools.

Great tip. I use the 18v XRP stuff all the time. Gonna pick up one of those.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to register the tool with dewalt within a month to extend the guarantee to three years.
    I have all my current tools registered, it's quick, simple and well worth it imo.
    http://www.dewalt.ie/3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You'd be only hoping for a flat tyre to use it.

Kind of gutted I didn't see this sooner. The body alone is £169 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

It is available on the uk site 149pounds which is 172euros

noel100 wrote: »
    It is available on the uk site 149pounds which is 172euros

That's without batteries

Without doubt, another definite "top 10" BA and we're only 14/4 way through 2017 !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭DanielGibbons

Yes no problem.

Brilliant, thanks for that!

Have a brand new drill body that takes the old batteries, hadn't been able to use it.

I have one of these Impact Wrench kits ordered from screwfix so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Back in stock on ie website. Be quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I ordered mine early yesterday, It is still showing as "Processing". I hope it dispatches OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Showing out of stock on the .ie again

Just to be sure this should have no problem working on a car eg wheel nut's, suspension bolts ect or are you better off saving the money towards a milwaukee that I've heard mentioned before?

5500 wrote: »
    Showing out of stock on the .ie again

Just to be sure this should have no problem working on a car eg wheel nut's, suspension bolts ect or are you better off saving the money towards a milwaukee that I've heard mentioned before?

Absolutely. Buy it. You'll have more power at your disposal than you are ever likely to need.

Hopefully it come's back into stock, bad enough missing the socket set and now this :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Hopefully it come's back into stock, bad enough missing the socket set and now this :)

It Is Back in stock look here http://www.ie.screwfix.com/dewalt-dcf899p2-gb-18v-5-0ah-li-ion-cordless-impact-wrench.html:)

Im getting a "requested quantity is not available" when I try add to the cart, Im only selecting 1. Are you able to add it to your cart?

Im getting a "requested quantity is not available" when I try add to the cart, Im only selecting 1. Are you able to add it to your cart?
    Yep, not available.

And I'm not surprised. I'd be amazed if anyone secured it on a re-release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

If anyone regrets their purchasing decision, I'll happily give them the asking for one!

• Advertisement
Advertisement