Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half price Dewalt DCF899P2-GB 18 V impact wrech - screwfix.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

khamilto wrote: »
    If anyone regrets their purchasing decision, I'll happily give them the asking for one!
    EBay for an instant profit:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

khamilto wrote:
    If anyone regrets their purchasing decision, I'll happily give them the asking for one!

Im sure you will find plenty on adverts and done deal not for asking price though. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Not my one! Its on its way to France :pac:

I didnt get a tracking number, Im guessing no one did? I thought for something this expensive a tracking number would be given.

Not my one! Its on its way to France :pac:

I didnt get a tracking number, Im guessing no one did? I thought for something this expensive a tracking number would be given.
    no tracking. Just a shipped confirmation. Should have them today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Out of stock message on the listing now.

Wasn't showing that yesterday. Must mean they are getting no more in.

Another BA missed!

The lips wrote: »
    Out of stock message on the listing now.

Wasn't showing that yesterday. Must mean they are getting no more in.

Another BA missed!

True, but even though it was showing in stock, it was unavailable to order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

I work for a large enough retailer of power tools and deal with customer returns and quality issues.....

Something to keep in mind folks, Screwfix approached DeWalt a while back about selling their tools. They buy thousands of each tool from DeWalt so they were able to push for a good bulk buy deal. Screwfix only offered DeWalt X amount per tool, so as a result DeWalt had to build each tool for that X amount. As a result the quality of some of their tools has gone down the toilet. Not all, but some definitely.

Specifically the DCN690 nail gun (which is being phased out), DCH253 drill as well as some smaller impact drivers and drills. They are crap.

I haven't come across too many of this particular Impact Wrench yet, so it would seem to be OK quality wise. But if you do buy it I would absolutely register is for the extended 3 year DeWalt warranty.

I work for a large enough retailer of power tools and deal with customer returns and quality issues.....

Something to keep in mind folks, Screwfix approached DeWalt a while back about selling their tools. They buy thousands of each tool from DeWalt so they were able to push for a good bulk buy deal. Screwfix only offered DeWalt X amount per tool, so as a result DeWalt had to build each tool for that X amount. As a result the quality of some of their tools has gone down the toilet. Not all, but some definitely.

Specifically the DCN690 nail gun (which is being phased out), DCH253 drill as well as some smaller impact drivers and drills. They are crap.

I haven't come across too many of this particular Impact Wrench yet, so it would seem to be OK quality wise. But if you do buy it I would absolutely register is for the extended 3 year DeWalt warranty.

Can't comment on the nailer but the SDS you referred to is without question a superb piece of kit. The BA is their flagship 18V torque wrench. I've no doubt it too will perform flawlessly. I cannot believe that if X company offer Dewalt X per unit (on a currently produced unit) that they will build those units to an inferior level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Yes no problem.

For those with a pile of "old" DeWalt tools, there is an adapter available DCA1820, which allows the new DeWalt LiIon batteries to be used in most of the old tools.

Mine shipped this morning :pac:

Does such a converter exist to marry the batteries to makita stuff? Im guessing now but would be nice.- Ive a few makita bits with nackered NiCads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Aaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone again. :(

Additionally "page not found" even if aforementioned SKU code 2134J is entered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Screwfix only offered DeWalt X amount per tool, so as a result DeWalt had to build each tool for that X amount.

Nonsense, If you buy a flagship impact driver from Screwfix like the Dewalt DCF899P2-GB, then it will be exactly the same quality as anywhere else you could have got it, except in this instance, you would have got it for about half price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Nonsense, If you buy a flagship impact driver from Screwfix like the Dewalt DCF899P2-GB, then it will be exactly the same quality as anywhere else you could have got it, except in this instance, you would have got it for about half price.

I would find this hard to believe as well, it would surely cost more in R&D trying to redesign the tool using cheaper components than any savings using those components would yield

Waiting on a call from the wife asking me " WTF have you ordered now! I've just signed for a package.?"

dodzy wrote:
    Waiting on a call from the wife asking me " WTF have you ordered now! I've just signed for a package.?"

So am i :-D

Boom!

Just an FYi, if you call screwfix on 1800832777 they will give you a tracking number.

412493.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

dodzy wrote: »

Do they put a phone number on the package?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

Received mine this morning too, nice bit of kit so it is.

11214 wrote: »
    Do they put a phone number on the package?
    Yep....the wrong one in my case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Mine is waiting for me at my delivery address in France, cant wait to collect even though I dont need it for anything atm :pac:

How much does it weigh roughly? COuld it be taken in a big backpack you reckon?

Mine is waiting for me at my delivery address in France, cant wait to collect even though I dont need it for anything atm :pac:

How much does it weigh roughly? COuld it be taken in a big backpack you reckon?

7kgs approx. It's in a Tstak box which are standard L x W so roughly 17"x13"x7". Awkward on your back I'd say.

• Advertisement

I'm just trying to register for the 3 year warranty, does anybody know where the serial number is on the impact wrench?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dodod

It's on the side of gun its on box as well like b62bwu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

No sign of mine yet , I ordered it Sunday so not here within the 2/3 working days . I'm probably sound hopefully get it tomorrow but just wondering are they usually delivered within the 2/3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Happy days, mine arrived today also. Seems like a fair few of us got in on the deal before it was too late. Good work!

Torque about a massive saving. Really made an impact on the de-wallet. Cough cough splutter. Seriously though quite the bargain, used it already swapping tyres over today, made the job a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Bullocks wrote: »
    No sign of mine yet , I ordered it Sunday so not here within the 2/3 working days . I'm probably sound hopefully get it tomorrow but just wondering are they usually delivered within the 2/3 days

You'll have it tomorrow I'd say. I ordered Friday, got shipping confirmation on Sat, and it arrived today.

dodod wrote: »
    It's on the side of gun its on box as well like b62bwu

I see that number on it alright, but on registration the DeWalt registration page only allows a numerical serial number?

Cocoon wrote: »
    I see that number on it alright, but on registration the DeWalt registration page only allows a numerical serial number?

Nope, for serial no., just enter the alpha-numeric opposite 'Made in USA'.
    2 minute job to register and get confirmation-Pics 3,4,5.

(Pics 1 & 2 just there to annoy those that missed the deal :D)

But one gripe, I fecking hate loose batteries. I'm sure they are all the same for the rest of ya. Should be a tighter fit for a premium tool.

412541.JPG

412542.JPG

412543.JPG

412544.JPG

412545.jpg

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Happy days, mine arrived today also. Seems like a fair few of us got in on the deal before it was too late. Good work!

Torque about a massive saving. Really made an impact on the de-wallet. Cough cough splutter. Seriously though quite the bargain, used it already swapping tyres over today, made the job a breeze.

Puntastic, a post with plenty of impact.

Thanks Dodzy, it went through on second attempt. A quick question regarding the battery, when you press the battery check button on the back it only shows one green bar which I assume is only partially charged but the charger shows that it's fully charged?

Thanks Dodzy, it went through on second attempt. A quick question regarding the battery, when you press the battery check button on the back it only shows one green bar which I assume is only partially charged but the charger shows that it's fully charged?

Partial, both of them. Charge away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭insullation

I'd imagine anyone selling for profit on adverts will get a hard time.

I'd imagine anyone selling for profit on adverts will get a hard time.

In fairness to the lad, he's only looking to make €270 profit. Give him a break;)

In fairness to the lad, he's only looking to make €270 profit. Give him a break;)

lol a fiver sound about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

The battery has to click in to the charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

As an aside seen as its not likely someone is gonna decide they dont need theirs and part with it for around face value, can anyone reccomend a similar wrench thats not big bucks for work on the car? Ive heard milwaukee mentioned before as an excellent one but again your looking at €500 lids or so. Is there anything out there for up to €250 that is in anyway decent?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Its back on the irish website again. €434.95

Doubt they will ever sell it at the discounted price again.

Turner wrote: »
    Its back on the irish website again. €434.95

Doubt they will ever sell it at the discounted price again.

Never again. For sure. What a deal. It's a savage piece of kit. Now i've just to track down an original one of these and I'll be sorted!

Never again. For sure. What a deal. It's a savage piece of kit. Now i've just to track down an original one of these and I'll be sorted!

Why not buy the one in your post?

• Advertisement

IMG_20170323_153107.jpg

These two bargain alerts made short work of rotating the 4 wheels on the the car today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

These two bargain alerts made short work of rotating the 4 wheels on the the car today :D

I'm not sure how long those sockets will last with an impact driver?

my3cents wrote: »

That's not an impact socket from the Halfords 3/4 set. Cocoon is just showing off:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

I think he might just be letting the great unwashed masses know he picked up two of the best BA bargains this year :D

cletus wrote: »
    I think he might just be letting the great unwashed masses know he picked up two of the best BA bargains this year :D

It's actually a good picture to gauge the size of the socket set though as the dewalt, as big as it is, is simply dwarfed. That large socket is just massive.

Im a mechanic by trade and used this today im well impressed. I was lookin at the milwaukee half inch as i already have the three eigth one but it was nearly three times the price.
    Anyone not used to air guns or battery guns be carefull when tightening or you will be replacing wheel studs :-)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What price was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭CurlyEng

Thank you m-i-m-m-

Why not buy the one in your post?

Yep, seems logical to me too. :confused:
    my3cents wrote: »

lifetime warranty. :D

P.S thanks m-i-m-m-

Awesome bargain, mine arrived today. Cheers m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Looking for deep impact sockets to go with this kit. Set of teng on ebay for 50 euro delivered.

Any recommendations

• Advertisement
Advertisement