Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half price Dewalt DCF899P2-GB 18 V impact wrech - screwfix.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Got mine today also....some piece of kit.....

Jumped on this Saturday as soon as i seen this thread as i know it is retailing for bout €500 in the shops here.

I thought there is no way this can be sold for €210, it was a pricing error as i rang screwfix on Monday last and was told that they made a mistake and that it should have been just the impact wrench and x1 battery (probably not a 5ah) with NO case, 2nd battery or charger that should have been listed.

Have to say fair play to them honoring it, many wouldn't have....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

NoelDoran wrote: »
    Got mine today also....some piece of kit.....

Jumped on this Saturday as soon as i seen this thread as i know it is retailing for bout €500 in the shops here.

I thought there is no way this can be sold for €210, it was a pricing error as i rang screwfix on Monday last and was told that they made a mistake and that it should have been just the impact wrench and x1 battery (probably not a 5ah) with NO case, 2nd battery or charger that should have been listed.

Have to say fair play to them honoring it, many wouldn't have....

:eek: The first rule of Bargain Alerts is don't contact the retailer!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

11214 wrote: »
    :eek: The first rule of Bargain Alerts is don't contact the retailer!

:pac:

they had already copped on well before i rang....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Got mine aswell , great bit of stuff . The brother whipped the back wheel off the tractor without a bother to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Cocoon wrote: »
    IMG_20170323_153107.jpg

These two bargain alerts made short work of rotating the 4 wheels on the the car today :D

And all for less than €240, thanks lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

adne wrote: »
    Looking for deep impact sockets to go with this kit. Set of teng on ebay for 50 euro delivered.

Any recommendations

Collected this today - some piece of kit and the bloody weight of it - solid

Need some sockets now

Whats verdict on these?

http://www.teng.co.uk/9121-teng-tools-10-piece-1-2-drive-regular-metric-impact-socket-set.html

works out at under €50 delivered to Parcel Motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

They are grand but if you could find a set of long reach be better job.

They are grand but if you could find a set of long reach be better job.

Cheeers, any suggestions?

Have a Clarke 240V impact wrench and using sockets that came with that and they seem grand - takes the effort out of removing the car wheels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I have one albeit the Bosch version, it's probably my favourite piece of kit.
    Million and one uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

The dewalt got it's first real test this morning. Removing a thoroughly rusty tow hitch. Normally this would be plenty of wd40, hit with hammer and chisel a few times to try and break the rust bond, and foot on the breaker bar job.

With this however, from the time the socket was on the bolt to fully off about 3 seconds! A few knocks, a little cloud of rust and it zipped off. Some job. Also coped with removing two front shocks not a bother. Very usefull bit of kit.

B7ZCJee.jpg

OcyKLf6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Cheeers, any suggestions?

I Bought This Set,Very Happy With it,Size 10mm to 32mm all deep,very good quality alsohttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0035F9WXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Great to see it getting use M-I-M-M.

If anyone has second thoughts and would like to sell for a reasonable profit drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Is it worth the original price that its on screwfix for now? I need one regardless and whilst itd have been nice to get it for good money is it still worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

5500 wrote: »
    Is it worth the original price that its on screwfix for now? I need one regardless and whilst itd have been nice to get it for good money is it still worth it?
    Obviously the €210 was a steal. It's current price is about it's corect mark when compared to Amazon (£359) so not any savings to be had there monce you factor in shipping.

If I had to have one, i'd buy a bare unit for £150 and grab a battery and charger for somewhere in the region of £100. It's unlikely that you would need a 2nd battery unless it was going to be in constant use - the 5.0ah fully charged should be up to quite a bit of graft. You could basically save yourself about 100£ by dropping a battery and the box. Not an ideal solution, but it's an option.

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    The dewalt got it's first real test this morning. Removing a thoroughly rusty tow hitch. Normally this would be plenty of wd40, hit with hammer and chisel a few times to try and break the rust bond, and foot on the breaker bar job.

With this however, from the time the socket was on the bolt to fully off about 3 seconds! A few knocks, a little cloud of rust and it zipped off. Some job. Also coped with removing two front shocks not a bother. Very usefull bit of kit.

B7ZCJee.jpg

OcyKLf6.jpg

I'd sell those pics to Dewalt. Superb!

I've got the Li-ion bug now :o

Just bought this and this. Sorted for a shade over €300. Savage deal for 2 serious tools!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

dodzy wrote: »

Just bought this and this. Sorted for a shade over €300. Savage deal for 2 serious tools!

Jesus dodzy will ya stop you'll have me buying them next :pac:

• Advertisement

Jesus dodzy will ya stop you'll have me buying them next :pac:
    Well the drill was a once off adverts buy. But the kit combined is pretty much the same as this less one battery. Look at the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭mayota

Cheers will check it out - half tempted to grab one of these to go with the batteries

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dewalt-DCG412N-18V-XR-Cordless-Grinder-Naked-Body-Only-/231850744145?hash=item35fb619951:g:wV8AAOSwTM5Ytruk

Handy master key for clamps :cool:

s-l500.jpg

Is that the best price for the grinder? Very tempted.

mayota wrote: »
    Is that the best price for the grinder? Very tempted.

Yep. Nearest rival is powertoolworld uk and it's £115 plus delivery. A great deal considering it'll cost you > 200€ from Irish online retailers. The more I look at it, the more amazed I am that the price on the impact wrench was honoured. 2 batteries and a charger would cost the same price that we got the complete kit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

DCF887P1 you bought is only a toy compared to DCF899P2. 205nm vs 950nm (1625Nm of breakaway torque). Don't expect too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

ecomac wrote: »
    DCF887P1 you bought is only a toy compared to DCF899P2. 205nm vs 950nm (1625Nm of breakaway torque). Don't expect too much.

It's far from being a toy, It's just a different animal to do a different job

Is one not an impact driver and the other an impact wrench?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It is.

An impact wrench isn't much good for driving screws!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

We drove 11,000 9" screws over a few days with one of the impact drivers , it got so hot that we couldnt hold it so we bought a second one to let it cool down :D
    Thats two years since it got that reddening and its still going well enough

Yep. Nearest rival is powertoolworld uk and it's £115 plus delivery. A great deal considering it'll cost you > 200€ from Irish online retailers. The more I look at it, the more amazed I am that the price on the impact wrench was honoured. 2 batteries and a charger would cost the same price that we got the complete kit for.

Went with this instead, it was £4 dearer but came with a dewalt bit set

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252785410686?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There's always one :rolleyes:

post #78

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭cletus

Went with this instead, it was £4 dearer but came with a dewalt bit set

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252785410686?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Nice. How do you get the bits into the angle grinder?

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    :D

5500 wrote: »

Here's one for €360: on adverts.ie

Here's one for €360: on adverts.ie

For gods sake lads please do don't troll the guy selling.

For gods sake lads please do don't troll the guy selling.

Granted he's making a nice profit but you won't get the kit cheaper anywhere. If it's a 'must have', then it's as good a price as you're likely to get.

cletus wrote: »

thought it was a bizzare combo :pac:

Granted he's making a nice profit but you won't get the kit cheaper anywhere. If it's a 'must have', then it's as good a price as you're likely to get.

Much prefer to buy from a shop than one of the pricks on Adverts tbh.

Much prefer to buy from a shop than one of the pricks on Adverts tbh.
    Plenty of decent sellers over there. One of first places I go when looking for something. Just deal with sellers that have good solid feedback and you'll never go wrong.

Plenty of decent sellers over there. One of first places I go when looking for something. Just deal with sellers that have good solid feedback and you'll never go wrong.

I'm on about the various dudes selling the impact wrench.

I'm on about the various dudes selling the impact wrench.

I hear ya. I'm not a profiteering fan myself but the comments like "offer withdrawn, I'll wait for the next Screwfix sale and get it for €210" are stupid. It'll never happen again. Not a chance. If the recent sale had not happened, that asking price would be regarded as a good deal. The last guy was taking the piss at 480 though. Anyway, luckily we got sorted :)

Noticed on eBay that the DeWalt stuff in the US is a good bit less looking for maybe a cordless impact driver and drill similar to what dodzy got -In no rush for these and I am however going to be in Florida come Summertime, anyone suggest a good spot to get these cheap enough? Home Depot stocks DeWalt bt any other suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭The lips

Noticed on eBay that the DeWalt stuff in the US is a good bit less looking for maybe a cordless impact driver and drill similar to what dodzy got -In no rush for these and I am however going to be in Florida come Summertime, anyone suggest a good spot to get these cheap enough? Home Depot stocks DeWalt bt any other suggestions?

I was looking at the US market myself. The dollar is poor now.

Last time I was over i used sears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

Mine arrived last week, but only got to open it over the weekend. (Thanks OP)
    One of the batteries wouldn't charge.
    Rang Screw fix, and it appears that they don't do repairs, like they do in the UK.
    Their only option was to return for a refund..
    So, check both batteries and make sure they both work.

Just arrived from UK. Delivered for €3.85. Thank you PW.

413066.JPG

413065.JPG

tyney wrote: »
    Rang Screw fix, and it appears that they don't do repairs, like they do in the UK.

Would a local service agent be able to do anything for you?

Ask them (screwfix) to just replace the battery.

Failing that, contact dewalt directly ( and activate the 3yr warranty online)

Screw fix said they wouldn't replace the battery.
    Only option was return for refund.

I rang dewalt Ireland. Very helpful. Sent me to agent in chadwicks, who tested battery and replaced it with a new one. I emailed him the invoice from my phone for the warranty claim.

Screw fix won't see any more of my cash.

Screw fix said they wouldn't replace the battery.
    Only option was return for refund.

I rang dewalt Ireland. Very helpful. Sent me to agent in chadwicks, who tested battery and replaced it with a new one. I emailed him the invoice from my phone for the warranty claim.

Screw fix won't see any more of my cash.

Great result. I knew you'd get sorted with dewalt. They are great for that stuff. You were skuppered with Screwfix as there was no way you were sending it back. ''Twas still a great deal with just the one battery:)

To be fair to screw fix, they offered to honour the price, but it involved vouchers, and return labels. At that price, it wasn't worth the risk of losing it. All sorted now anyway.
    The dewalt agent was great. He said that they can usually match prices, but not that particular deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

If anyone wants to sell one PM me. I was looking for a Milwaukee version of the same thing, but if I can do a deal with someone so everyone does OK i'm interested....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If you missed out on this deal.

There is an offer on at the moment in B&Q were you can get a screw gun and impact gun for €189. This deal Includes charger and two batteries, although the batteries aren't as powerful as the ones in the OP.

https://flic.kr/p/ToTAvs

Advertisement