Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk bank a/c for salary,how easy to open one?

• 18-03-2017 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

I will be moving to the Uk soon to take up employment.My employer wants my bank details so that my wages can be paid. I do not have a UK bank account presently.Is it possible to open an account before I go there and if so what documentation do I need.Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Have you tried Revoult? They added in a sterling current account recently. Can also transfer money in euro and dollars through the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,079 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You will need proof of address, likely 2 copies and also photo ID like passport or driving licence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

In the meantime you can open an online UK account (with just basic functions, nothing like direct debits etc.) with your irish details with one of these providers:

Revolut
    Monese (first month free)
    Fire (previously pay by fire)

All of those require you have an android/apple smart phone as they only do things via the App. All you need is your passport.

Once you are than over there you can open a full account with any bank and change your bank account.
    You can try to open any account or you can try to open a basic bank account under EU regulations which they will have to give you with your Irish details.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As already suggested, best to use Revolut to begin with and once you're set up and running over you can take the time to set up a current account with the bricks-and-mortar bank that best suits.

Advertisement