Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Filans old house turns into a B&B!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Owner of big house does B&B.

This shocks you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Was he someone famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Vlove wrote:
    I'm shocked that it's turned into his old house has turned into a B&B!!!

Who had too many beers last night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

This is truly shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Vlove wrote: »
    Jesus folks, I'm shocked that it's turned into his old house has turned into a B&B!!! I heard rumours that a guy from Sky bought the house. Looks like someone else bough it so. I'm speechless here lol https://www.bedandbreakfast.eu/bed-and-breakfast/sligo/castledale/2266713/

Rupert Murdoch? I thought the brother bought it.

Good luck to who ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

tedpan wrote: »
    Who had too many beers last night?

I wasn't out last night.. it was no doubt you had too many beers

sligoblue wrote: »
    Owner of big house does B&B.

This shocks you?

Yeah I didn't expect it to be become a B&B

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

It looks like space for the sake of space, not for any architectural value. I wouldn't be spending my cash staying in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

speechless / shocked ? -- really .

Oops69 wrote: »
    speechless / shocked ? -- really .

Yeah and?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yeah and?
    There's a whole wide world out there you know , maybe try seeing it and you might'nt be as shocked .

Oops69 wrote: »
    There's a whole wide world out there you know , maybe try seeing it and you might'nt be as shocked .

I have a right to my own feelings thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Seems like an obvious use for a giant pretentious house in a place like Sligo, which is never going to be bought as a family home for a local is it? It's vaguely interesting to hear (and to lol at him ever building that house) but hardly shock-worthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Etc wrote: »
    It looks like space for the sake of space, not for any architectural value. I wouldn't be spending my cash staying in it.

Wild you pay extra if the rooms were westlife themed?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Wild you pay extra if the rooms were westlife themed?

Only if the bottom of the toilet bowls had pictures of each of their faces. It would make my constitutional very rewarding........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Seems strange to advertise the proximity of these places to the B&B:

"Fr. Peyton Memorial Centre is 45 km from Castledale, while Presbyterian Church is 47 km from the property."

marvin80 wrote: »
    Seems strange to advertise the proximity of these places to the B&B:

"Fr. Peyton Memorial Centre is 45 km from Castledale, while Presbyterian Church is 47 km from the property."

I suppose if the tourists want to see what our churches are like, it would be an advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I suppose if the tourists want to see what our churches are like, it would be an advantage!

There's closer ones nearby!!

http://sligopresbyterianchurch.ie/

marvin80 wrote: »
    There's closer ones nearby!!

http://sligopresbyterianchurch.ie/

Yeah I suppose if they want a trip to a few churches around the area, they can plan like going to Carraroe first, then the Presbyterian church and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Shocking that this beautiful house was originally indirectly created by many gullible people buying Westlife CD's,concert tickets,memorabilia etc:eek:

• Advertisement

Shocking that this beautiful house was originally indirectly created by many gullible people buying Westlife CD's,concert tickets,memorabilia etc:eek:

Yup thats where the money went all along

Dear God, are you two halves of the same wit?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Freddie Mercurys Bolero

Beers? Yes, I'll have a beer! Thanks!

Oh, wait sorry , wrong thread...

....stumbles out of thread...

sligoblue wrote: »
    Dear God, are you two halves of the same wit?

?

Beers? Yes, I'll have a beer! Thanks!

Oh, wait sorry , wrong thread...

....stumbles out of thread...

Bet you had a celebration beer time with the new owners without inviting us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

A massive house and they have V shaped ceilings in the bedrooms.
    Zero interest in staying it anyway but I've even less interest in paying top dollar to bang my head off the roof in the morning!

Zero interest in staying it anyway but I've even less interest in paying top dollar to bang my head off the roof in the morning!

I suspect the "v shaped ceilings" are only on the third floor where they have made full use of all available space under what is a pretty complex roof. If the ceiling was level there would not be room to stand and therefore an enormous wasted area. Admittedly it's not a great picture and assuming that is not the only room being used for b&b, a better room would appeal more to perspective stayers.

I've never been in it but to me it looks like a spectacular house, begrudges are begrudges no matter where they are and who they are talking about.

?

Two halves make a full one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I had heard that there was a lot of wasted space in the house and seems the rumours were true!

• Advertisement

Wouldn't consider staying in it either, it's rather too big to be a b&b in my opinion . It would be better off just to be someones privately owned home or a summer house..

Advertisement