Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW29 Matchday Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

82 points, no hits. Up to 9.2k. Still have WC, BB and TC so decent ammunition to reach top 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

80(-4)
    Back up to 43k.

Vardy and Sanchez in for Ibra and Couts a solid bit of business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Down 10k to 33k,not to bad with no Kun.Lukaku OR Alexis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

74(-4)...not sure if my AOA was a success or not with Mané and Costa crapping the bed slightly.

Made up some minor ground in leagues and up to around 281K....was at 550K a few weeks back so glad to be seeing green arrows of any size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Cartman78 wrote:
    74(-4)...not sure if my AOA was a success or not with Mané and Costa crapping the bed slightly.

Was it you that was choosing between Brunt or AOA Carroll?
    If so then it was a success as Carroll got you 3 points more than Brunt

Cartman78 wrote: »

Unless you were considering benching Mane or Costa they are irrelevant to whether the AOA was a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

spock. wrote: »
    Was it you that was choosing between Brunt or AOA Carroll?
    If so then it was a success as Carroll got you 3 points more than Brunt

Yep...that was me alright...Captain Hindsight would have played Adam Smith but that was never going to happen in reality. Carroll could have had a haul yesterday with a bit of luck and/or talent.

AOA is a pretty frivolous chip at best so I guess all 8 front men actually playing is as much you can hope for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lukaku has 173% effective ownership in the top 10k. I captained Mané so a Lukaku brace and a Mané blank is more or less nailed on.

Lukaku not only got a brace, he added an assist on top of it. Mané did f**k all and decided he'd act the pr*ck and get booked to compound my misery. I literally don't know why I thought Mané was a better armband choice than Big Rom this gameweek. I got what I deserved though for such an idiotic decision. I'm going to try play the sensible card when it comes to captain choices from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Another decent week sees me jump up to 260k from 840k 7 game weeks ago. Every season I have a terrible first half of the season and a strong second half.

I think I do too much chopping and changing at the start of the season. Next season will be different (probably not!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up to 33k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not a bad score and rank for Owen Hargreaves, https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2520817/event/29

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

85 for the week. Just outside the top 250 outright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Fant11 wrote: »
    85 for the week. Just outside the top 250 outright!

Your in with a real shout!!
    Have you any chips left to play?

57 points and a fall of almost 13k places to 62k.

As a Mané captainer I'll gladly take that. I'm happy there's an international break for once to switch off from all things FPL related for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    Your in with a real shout!!
    Have you any chips left to play?

BB & AOA with a wc. Used TC on Aguero. Anything I do this season seems to turn to gold. Hard to explain!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

67 (-4)

Fell 3k to 23k

Not a bad week, just competitive near the top. Something I haven't been used to.

Mawson's -1 compared to a clean sheet the difference this week in reality, and in fairness he scored at the right end last week.

It's this time onwards in the season I usually thrive so I'm happy enough :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    73(-4)

Probably a small green arrow

Yep, up 1k to 32k.
    6 green arrows in a row from 111k in gw23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

zerks wrote: »
    Not a bad score and rank for Owen Hargreaves, https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/2520817/event/29

Either you have the exact same 15 as I have or that link just brought me to my own team.

Either you have the exact same 15 as I have or that link just brought me to my own team.

Click it again or refresh. For some reason most browsers divert to your own team page the first time you click an FPL team link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

72 all out, brings me back inside the top 100k. Been like a yo-yo just in and just out since the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

zerks wrote: »

WhentheOwengetstough lol! Some big names in that pundits league some score from mark sutherns this week 10 from both keepers not often you see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

66(-8) down to 72k. I have had a horrendous 3 weeks I've been on the wrong side of every marginal call I've made on captains and gks. If Sanchez and gaabadini are out injured along with Kane that's the 3 lads I signed this week injured. FM getting dropped and baines going off injured last week cost me a fair few points. To compound matters I've made some bad mistakes myself. I've lost 50/60 pts on almost everyone the last 3 weeks. Big 9 weeks needed to make the top 10k and to get back in contention in some paid leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

72 points and a 6th consecutive green arrow has seen me rise from 1.3 millionth to 350k odd over the past few weeks.
    In early December I was at 2 millionth and on the verge of giving up.

Finally getting some momentum and moving up the mini-leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

79 (-4) and up to 70k OR. Just about got away with not captaining Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

58 (no hits) drops me from 19k down to 25k OR
    Sigurdsson and Llorente blanking in a usual goal-fest of a fixture was disappointing and not having Pickford/Heaton in goal probably cost me at least 20 points on others in my league.
    Can't complain (but really want to) as I had 6 serious green arrows over the previous 6 weeks.
    Looking forward to the break from all things FF actually - been a bit too caught up in it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

83 with no hits.

Green arrows all around. I'm still angry with myself for not bringing in Vardy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Up to 130k.

Big improvement over the past three weeks despite falling on the wrong side of a couple of marginal calls which have hurt - bringing in Coutinho cost 11 points in the end.

Top 50k is a reasonable target, anything better would be a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Right. Am in a rush before living for my annual skiing holiday. Just 2 quick questions for you guys.

1. Coutinho to Sané or Alli? Or bank?

2. Play Randolph or Heaton?
    km79 wrote: »
    Alli
    Heaton
    Alli and Heaton for me.
    I followed your advice. And left for my holiday at peace :p.
    Was only able to quickly check my score last Wednesday...
    ... to see 84 pts (immediately thought it was good but who knows with this game sometimes) and 28k OR (i.e. an 18k rise which is huge in this upper part of the rankings). I now have the best score of the FSA Prem' (and considering its standard it means quite a lot).

Randolph 1pt vs Heaton 10 pts.
    Sané 2 pts vs Alli 7 pts.
    So I gained 14 net pts (that is 12k positions) thanks to your quickly answered advice. I genuinely take my hat off to both of you :cool:.

Now, looking a bit more in detail at my team.
    - Heaton a hero again.
    - Lanzini repaid himself after his BGW fail.
    - Agüero justified my decision not to take a hit to take him out to accomodate Sanchez in. And Alli almost matched the Chilean. So it reinforces my decision.
    - Lukaku whom I've just realised I captained thrice out of the last 4 GWs returned 12, 24 & 32 pts (only outpowered by Kane 40 (C) pointer 4 GWs ago among the other captains I considered). And for the DGW where I benched him he got 6 pts (keeping his good form but having the decency not to outscore too much my 2 worst attackers who got 5 pts). I gained 51k positions in the last 4 GWs and it's mainly due to his captaincy successes. Romelu I have not yet forgiven you for your 6 TC pts last season but you're on the good way to redemption, keep it up boy :p!

- But of course, nothing is ever perfect in this game so Mané put on the troll clothes lately. Got him in for Sanchez in GW26 (there was a -4 involved and there will certainly be another one when I'll get rid of him). In the last 4 GWs he returned 18 pts. Over the same period and in less than 1.5 games, Sanchez got 13 pts. Barring injuries I know what my next move is.

Haha if you have had everything going for you iroced, my gameweek 29 was a horror show. Played Randolph over Heaton and switched the armband from Lukaku to Mané 3 minutes before the deadline. That cost me a whopping 24 points! Trying to get over that is hard but onwards and hopefully upwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Haha if you have had everything going for you iroced, my gameweek 29 was a horror show. Played Randolph over Heaton and switched the armband from Lukaku to Mané 3 minutes before the deadline. That cost me a whopping 24 points! Trying to get over that is hard but onwards and hopefully upwards.
    Ah sh*te... Can't say I wasn't tempted by Mané (C) but his incosistency and as far as I remember, his low enough position in the FFS (C) poll, which is my "captaincy scale of reference" when in doubt (think Lukaku was well ahead and Sanchez was well second) eased my choice.

For the rest I had no time to tinker and can only thank again km79 & clairewithani :cool:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement