Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in Portlaoise

• 18-03-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

We're a young couple moving from Kildare to portlaoise. I've started a new job and need to be there for the first week in April with my partner. We are looking to rent a 1/2 bedroom place with a budget between 500-750 p/m , we can't seem to find anywhere really on daft , we are looking to rent until August with the option of renewing a lease. Please if anyone can do anything or knows anybody or where we can look please get in touch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from Accommodation and Property. Think you might get better answers here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Yea there's a distinct lack of available options in the area generally, but especially within that budget. Do you drive? You could widen the scope to a bit further out or even drive from Kildare (if you mean Kildare town as it's only about 20 mins extra on the motorway)

Alternatively, try ringing some of the agencies you see on Daft as they seem to manage most of it down here. Not many self-managed rentals from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

If you drive would you consider Abbeyleix?
    Not too far from Portlaoise and rent is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaithW16

If you drive would you consider Abbeyleix?
    Not too far from Portlaoise and rent is cheaper.

Thanks for this, we've just moved to a place in Abbeyleix yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

It's a lovely town Orlaith, hope you're happy there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 OrlaithW16

It's a lovely town Orlaith, hope you're happy there.

Fingers crossed! Seems pleasant and not too far from portlaoise at all!

Advertisement