Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficult real estate agent

• 18-03-2017 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey everyone,

Hoping some of you may be able to help me. So, I'm based in Dublin but looking to buy a house in Co.Cavan. I found one that may be right choice for me and my partner.

I found an engineer and looking to schedule an inspection with my agent - that took forever - to reply to my email took them like almost a week - just to get back to me with their availability. Is that normal?

As there's a private well and a septic tank I also requested maintenance records for both - it was like a week ago, followed up once and never heard anything back from the agent.

For now, it looks like it's going to take forever communicating with them, not to mention that once I have maintenance documents I would have to schedule an environmental engineer inspection. Has anyone experienced similar situations?

One inspection costs me almost 500 EUR, so just concerned that I'm throwing money away. The house is really cool but it's quite a distance from Dublin, so I don't think they have a lot of people interested in it. I'm just very surprised that it would take them so long just to get back to me.

Can anyone advise if that's common with estate agents and maybe I should be more tough with them? :)

Thanks for help,
    M.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

PM sent..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,587 ✭✭✭✭ted1

When you want something done, always use the phone and follow up with emails. Don't rely on emails.

Remember each question you ask , has to past over to the sellers , they then either have to go looking for the paperwork and or make up a tale as to why theirs none. They then have to get back to the EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mairtinc

Thanks ted1! It's the very first house I'm looking at and the first EA I'm dealing with, so I was just hoping to hear that! :) I will follow up with a call on Monday.

Thanks once again,
    M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Have you put an offer on the house?
    I think some of your questions are dealt with by solicitors and its unusual to have a survey before making an offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭angiogoir

My advice would be to phone them and email them. Or better yet, call into their office.

• Advertisement
Advertisement