Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Aviation and Aircraft forum

Options
  • 18-03-2017 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭

Why was I banned from Aircraft and aviation? No warning from the moderator and when I sent him a PM regarding his ban he ignored me.

Its the Rescue 116 thread.

PM from moderator below.

And my ignored reply below that again.

Moderator Note

I have a problem with the off topic posting, and your reaction to it. A few days to think about is my response.

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by elastico
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MojoRisinnnn
    Do not pursue this, it's not the time or place and also extremely disrespectful to the crew.
    How is it extremely disrespectful to the crew?

If you have a problem with my post go and report it instead of dictating to me what I can and can't discuss.

My reply

You are being very harsh on me here. Somebody (not a moderator) told me "do not pursue this" which to me is back seat moderating. I got no warning from any moderator and got a weeks ban?

I merely asked a genuine question - who is paying the enormous cost of the €1m a week operation, which include sending aircraft hundreds of miles offshore, to rescue foreigner with zero connection to Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'll have a look at this for you in the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Ok.

I have reviewed the part of the thread and posts in question.

16-03-2017, 11:04
    Who pays for the enormous cost of these rescues of foreign crewmen hundreds of miles off shore?
    This post has just so many things wrong with it and how it could be seen as acceptable with the notion of discrimination or somesuch holds no water. That nationality should be a factor in SAR ops is mindboggling. It's pure stirring things up, easily to the point of trolling. Your subsequent replies were a bit less than civil.

It is also a very poor attitude to take considering the selfless nature of SAR personnel, especially seeing as one had a funeral today and three others are still missing and all their families are grieving. They would less than happy with such attitudes and you and others could be more mindful and sensitive of that.

There was also previous arguing with a mod on thread when he was trying to pour oil on the water and your response was an effort to stir things up further.

As for some other matters:
    You claim backseat modding yet failed to report it.
    No warning from a mod is irrelevant considering you have been around more than long enough to know how boards works. Couple that with your previous not great record of cards and bans.
    Your final line in the OP firstly is barely relevant as it's your conduct which is the main issue. However, departing from the main substance or this DRP, Ireland as a nation has obligations to any person within its jurisdiction regardless of nationality, just like everywhere else. Any suggestion otherwise is a very poor proposition with so many absurd holes.

With the above in mind, I see no option but to uphold the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Poster sitebanned for evading forum ban. Account closed also.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement