Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety Razor for Women

Options
  • 18-03-2017 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I am not sure if there is a recent thread on this so apologies if I duplicate this.

I am considering to move from disposable razors to a metal safety razor for mainly environmental reasons. My husband says I would be more likely to cut myself and disposing the blades or even changing them is not easy.

Who has experience with this as a woman? Where did you buy the safety razor? How do you maintain it so it doesn't become rustt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I say this as a bloke that has been using a DE for years, and primarily use it on my face, but have used it for a touch of manscaping, and have shaved Mrs. Sof's legs once or twice.

Are you likely to cut yourself? Possibly, until you get your angles right. They are adjustable, and what works for me may not work for you. But once you work out what suits you, you won't get a closer shave, bar a straight razor.

There are different blades as well, and again, what I find useful, you may not. It's about trial and error. For instance, I (and a lot of people) find Feather blades to be sharp. I mean sharp sharp. But I find I'm more likely to cut myself. I prefer Astra blades. But when I shaved Mrs. Sof's legs, the Astras irritated her skin slightly. You can buy a multi blade sampler pack for cheaps though, and test what works for you.

Disposing of blades isn't easy? How so? Take the new one out of the wrapping, put the old back in the wrapping, and chuck them in the bin.

Changing blades isn't easy? Easy as pie. Unscrew, lift the top, take of the blade, put the new blade in, put the top back on, and screw it to the correct setting.

Stop it becoming rusty? Don't leave it sitting in water, clean it and dry it with a cloth every now and again. The majority are anodised, and don't rust unless you are very careless.

As for buying them? Shaving.ie and you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I always use mens metal gillette razors, they work much better, give a closer shave and cause me less irritation than the female ones. the blades on them are very easy to change, you just click them into place and ive had more accidents with female disposable razors than I have with mens disposable or metal razors. I dont know what you mean by a safety razor? Any mans metal razor with disposable razor heads should work just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AshleySawyer

I agree with Airyfairy12, we are the same. I also use mens metal gillette razors.

Advertisement