If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon RCD M37DAB FM radio problem

Options
  • 18-03-2017 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought a Denon RCD M37DAB from you some years ago. Always worked well until last week when it dropped all the FM stations. AM stations are still being received and the CD player is working fine. However, it won't tune in any FM stations. I checked the antenna and it appears fine. I re-tuned the radio stations but all I'm getting is a hiss. I went online to look for solutions but couldn't find any that work. I'm wondering if this is a problem you've ever come across and whether you might know of a solution.

Presuming the problem can't be fixed, I'd be grateful for some suggestions from you for a replacement. As well as radio and CD, a unit with bluetooth and streaming would be desirable. Also, I would need a price on delivery please.

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys,

I bought a Denon RCD M37DAB from you some years ago. Always worked well until last week when it dropped all the FM stations. AM stations are still being received and the CD player is working fine. However, it won't tune in any FM stations. I checked the antenna and it appears fine. I re-tuned the radio stations but all I'm getting is a hiss. I went online to look for solutions but couldn't find any that work. I'm wondering if this is a problem you've ever come across and whether you might know of a solution.

Presuming the problem can't be fixed, I'd be grateful for some suggestions from you for a replacement. As well as radio and CD, a unit with bluetooth and streaming would be desirable. Also, I would need a price on delivery please.

Thanks
    Paul
    Hi Paul.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your DM37.

Dropping FM stations is not a fault I've came across. It may be possible to fix but as its out of warranty they would be a £40 estimate to pay and then we could send it to Denon for inspection and the would come back with a cost to fix the unit.

If you wanted to go for a new unit you could look at the Marantz MCR611 which ticks all your boxes, currently priced at £319.00 with £6.99 shipping or 369.93 Euro including shipping.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-12928-mcr611-melody-media.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.