Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New monitor

Options
  • 18-03-2017 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a new monitor for my PC but I'm not sure on what to get.
    The monitor must be 1080p, it must be white and it must have a response rate of at least 2ms preferably 1ms.
    I'm hoping to get it for 100 quid I might even stretch to 150 if needs be.
    I had a quick look around and saw the viewsonic VX22635MHL-W. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If that viewsonic ticks the boxes buy it. Nobody makes white monitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why do you want a white monitor. That's such a stupid detail when buying a monitor to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

I have a white pc and a white mouse and keyboard so id like a white monitor to match it. Also if you don't have something helpful to say id rather you didn't say anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I think benq have some white monitors

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Can you think of any off the top of your head? I'm taking a look around right now but I don't think any will beat the price of the viewsonic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i know some of samsungs higher end stuff are white so might be worth looking at them

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If it was white and €500 you might have a few options. But white and €100 you'll have about as many eyes as options.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My secondary monitor is white at the base and back but around the front and bezzels it is black. Samsung Syncmaster S24B750.

Front
    Samsung_S27B750_big.jpg

Back
    5574494.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Your budget is very small for any decent monitor.

Buy the viewsonic. Decent brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why do you want a white monitor. That's such a stupid detail when buying a monitor to be honest.

LOL said in a forum dedicated to an industry that is one step away from inventing RGB toilet paper :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Buy a black monitor and then create a vinyl wrap for the bezel.

Advertisement