Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW30 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Antonio owners - what ayew thinking of doing??

I'll probably hold off on the wildcard until after next week I think.

Yet another hit incoming....

Coleman --> Verthongen
    Antonio --> Ayew

I can't explain my obsession with West Ham...my season long investment is due to pay dividends soon surely....right guys????

I'd avoid West Ham without Antonio, much better team when he is playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

siblers wrote: »
    I'd avoid West Ham without Antonio, much better team when he is playing

Yeah....himself and Carroll could have had double digits against Leicester.

Will crunch the options for another few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Current Squad is:

Pickford, Heaton

Walker, Alonso, Daniels, Nyom, Holgate

Barkley, Mane, King, Alli, Phillips

Lukaku, Aguero, Llorente

I have 2 FT and 1.3m in the bank.

Currently considering tidying up my weaker options and getting rid of my 2 West Brom (Nyom & Phillips) for Yoshida and Ward-Prowse off Southampton. 

The only thing is I am left without an obvious captain choices....maybe Mane?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Any recommendations on a 5.2 defender?

Currently, I'm looking at

Williams
    Fuchs
    Daniels
    PVA
    Davis

There's pros and cons with the lot of them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

carnie wrote: »

Williams
    Fuchs
    Daniels
    PVA

Discount Daniels, four tough fixtures and three away, sou/liv/CHE/tot.
    Good from GW34 onward though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Williams
    Fuchs
    Daniels
    PVA
    Davis

Rojo if you don't have Valencia
    Davies will lose his place in a week
    Pva has horrible fixtures unfortunately

km79 wrote: »

Is Rojo set to start all his fixtures? I'm a bit cautious of MU players at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is Rojo set to start all his fixtures? I'm a bit cautious of MU players at the moment
    He's nailed on atm with Smalling and Jones injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rojo a better option than Valencia for starting every game inc dgw??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Rojo a better option than Valencia for starting every game inc dgw??

No. Valencia is nailed on.

• Advertisement

He's nailed on atm with Smalling and Jones injured

Cheers.. I might wait for the presser before taking the plunge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Coleman to Valencia likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Probably Funes Mori (good riddance) to errr.... I dunno? A middlesborough defender maybe? Is Fabio's place secure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Valencia looks like going up again tonight.

Think I'm gonna be a Rojo man... :(

Probably Funes Mori (good riddance) to errr.... I dunno? A middlesborough defender maybe? Is Fabio's place secure?

Sadly the only really nailed Boro defs are pricey (Gibson) or injured (Chambers). Barragan has played most games when available but with new manager nobody can tell you who's nailed ATM bar those first 2.

If gabbiadini could be fit it would save me a lot of messing !
    And if would be a simple one transfer move for Ibra mideeek then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If gabbiadini could be fit it would save me a lot of messing !
    And if would be a simple one transfer move for Ibra mideeek then

Has there been any news on his fitness I haven't seen anything. I'm not expecting him to be fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Has there been any news on his fitness I haven't seen anything. I'm not expecting him to be fit.

Dinnery has been saying on Twitter that the initial prognosis was 3-4 weeks.

I was gonna bank and have to play Brunt at Old Trafford, but have just realised I could get Huth or Morgan for either Brunt or Funes Mori.

I only have 5.0m to spend so I was gonna wait and get a Man U defender from next week, but I think with 2 home games v Stoke and Sunderland this might be worth a punt.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I was gonna bank and have to play Brunt at Old Trafford, but have just realised I could get Huth or Morgan for either Brunt or Funes Mori.

I only have 5.0m to spend so I was gonna wait and get a Man U defender from next week, but I think with 2 home games v Stoke and Sunderland this might be worth a punt.
    Was planning the same myself but now thinking of Funes Mori and Chambers/Brunt to Holgate and Fuchs/Valencia. Think Huth and Morgan are YC liabilities.

Is Holgate expected to get some starts now with Coleman out?

mectavba wrote: »
    Is Holgate expected to get some starts now with Coleman out?

yep:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »

I'm getting Morgan if fit.

I'm getting Morgan if fit.

I think he's meant to be fine. Huth a bigger goal threat according to stats.

Valencia is a bit rich for my tastes (already have Walker and Alonso) but do want to get a Man Utd defender in. Looking at Rojo and Bailly...Bailly when fit is surely nailed on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,667 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is it too late now to be buying Alonso? I'd love him back in my team but 6.8m is a lot of money :(

Alli or Eriksen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

stephenl15 wrote:
    Alli or Eriksen?

Alli will be the main goal treat while Kane is out injured.

Just went

Kane to Vardy
    Coleman to Rojo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭skippy15

need to pick two from these four to start- this is order I have them in, any opinions?

King
    Llorentte
    Sterling
    Baines

• Advertisement

I would have Sterling top of that list. Arsenal are very shaky at the back at the best of times, but are on a low ebb now too, with Cech a doubt too. I currently have Aguero as my captain. I think this could be 4-3 thriller.

skippy15 wrote: »
    need to pick two from these four to start- this is order I have them in, any opinions?

King
    Llorentte
    Sterling
    Baines
    Llorente & Sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Was going to do Coleman to Mawson but with the news that Rose could well be out for April, if not longer, Davies might well be the better option

Gonna ship out Funes Mori and Brunt this week for -4. Which pair to get in?
    Rojo + Yoshida
    Davies + keep Brunt
    Fuchs + Yoshida
    Valencia + Stephens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Aguero, King --> Vardy, Alli isn't worth a -8, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

spock. wrote: »

That's madness imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Aguero, King --> Vardy, Alli isn't worth a -8, right?[/QUOT

I wouldn't do it for a -4 nevermind a -8

Not madness but I don't think it's worth -8. Aguero vs Arsenal without Cech and in free fall though could do very well. He always has a high points ceiling and that could be a high scoring game imo.

Alli is hard to go without but hard to fit him in when you own Aguero, which I do. I'll be going without Alli this week, may get him in as part of an Aguero downgrade next week for -4. (I already own Vardy).

My head is officially now wrecked
    Valencia to Coleman was done last night

Had hoped gabbiadini would be fit to make things nice and easy.............
    Wanted Pedro back so can go sterling to Pedro which will mean benching Kane again and can do Kane to ibra for free midweek ....I would then probably have to play llorente as well as siggy Vs spurs ! And I've a feeling Pedro won't start midweek
    Or
    I can bench sterling, forget about Pedro and buy either vardy or deeney for Kane
    If i go deeney i can get ibra for a further -4 midweek for llorente .......But then deeney has spurs away next weekend and I've still not Chelsea cover or spurs attacking cover ........If i go vardy I'll keep him for a few weeks and forget about ibra until then but still have llorente
    And then there is brunt.........And kings fixtures.........
    All these injuries have ruined all my plans
    Captaincy options also limited this weekend which is why vardy is attracting me but i suppose siggy could be a good shout
    I don't have much time for the next week to plan as normal
    Advice greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    Not madness but I don't think it's worth -8. Aguero vs Arsenal without Cech and in free fall though could do very well. He always has a high points ceiling and that could be a high scoring game imo.

Alli is hard to go without but hard to fit him in when you own Aguero, which I do. I'll be going without Alli this week, may get him in as part of an Aguero downgrade next week for -4. (I already own Vardy).

Yeah I'd argue that Alli is the most essential player in the game right bow taking form and fixtures into account.

I'll probably end up doing something similar to you:
    Aguero Siggy --> Ibra Alli next week for -4

Only thing is Aguero has Hull at home in GW32 and I'd be tempted to hold him for that if I don't sell him this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Wanted Pedro back so can go sterling to Pedro which will mean benching Kane again and can do Kane to ibra for free midweek ....I would then probably have to play llorente as well as siggy Vs spurs ! And I've a feeling Pedro won't start midweek
    Or
    I can bench sterling, forget about Pedro and buy either vardy or deeney for Kane
    If i go deeney i can get ibra for a further -4 midweek for llorente .......But then deeney has spurs away next weekend and I've still not Chelsea cover or spurs attacking cover ........If i go vardy I'll keep him for a few weeks and forget about ibra until then but still have llorente
    Captaincy options also limited this weekend which is why vardy is attracting me but i suppose siggy could be a good shout

That's a bit of a head wreck alright. Guessing you don't have a wildcard available? I'd probably leave the Pedro transfer for the next 2 gw's, and probably bring in Vardy for Kane.

Yeah I'd argue that Alli is the most essential player in the game right bow taking form and fixtures into account.

Only thing is Aguero has Hull at home in GW32 and I'd be tempted to hold him for that if I don't sell him this week.

I agree Alli is a must.
    he looks like contributing big in every game plus great fixtures.
    his 3 or 4 huge gameweeks in a row I think it was over Christmas turned my season around. he was a bit of a differential at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Funnily enough I'm swaying towards Davies ahead of Walker due to rotation worries over Walker with these 3 games in a week. Spurs simply dont have a left sided back up for Davies so I imagine he will start all 3 matches. Just something to bare in mind if bringing Walker in. Trippier has impressed recently and could start one match.

Or

without seeing your squad on front of me its a bit hard to say.
    I currently have siggy captained he has produced a few double digit scores at home this season. also man utd or Chelsea def a possible captaincy option I think

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    without seeing your squad on front of me its a bit hard to say.
    I currently have siggy captained he has produced a few double digit scores at home this season. also man utd or Chelsea def a possible captaincy option I think

Ft made 0.1 itb
    Randolph grant
    Valencia vertonghen brunt chambers yoshida
    Sanchez sterling siggy mane king
    Kane lukaku llorente

WC played

That's probably my exact moves next week. I'd love Aguero for Hull too but I may get Sane or Sterling for that game. How Liverpool and Mane look over next game or 2 will be crucial.

As a coutinho owner would you be worried that's hes been subbed early the last few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Feel like I've taken a mini holiday from ff while the international break was on, so only properly catching up today.
    Have about 5 transfers I want to do but it's like trying to fit a jigsaw to try and get them in the right order over the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Definitely want to get Alli back into my team but will probably have to wait till next gw. If I bring him in this week it's at the expense of Mane, who against a much weakened Everton and at Anfield, looks like he's gonna be worth keeping for the next 2 gw's

Had been considering Valencia or Rojo, but I'm not fully convinced of the value in buying United players. Yes they have 2 extra games, but possible rotation, expense and a really tough fixture schedule ahead has me thinking there may be better value to be had elsewhere.

The news that Rose may be out for the next month or so means that at 4.8 Davies could be really good value. So Baines or Pva to Davies is looking like my most likely transfer for this gw

Ft made 0.1 itb
    Randolph grant
    Valencia vertonghen brunt chambers yoshida
    Sanchez sterling siggy mane king
    Kane lukaku llorente

WC played

kane to vardy for the hit.

that leaves you with a good captaincy option this weekend plus he is at home to sun the following tues

• Advertisement

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    kane to vardy for the hit.

that leaves you with a good captaincy option this weekend plus he is at home to sun the following tues

I think that's the best option thanks

And now whether to bench sterling or king :D
    I'm thinking sterling

Advertisement