Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Gigs for Touring Trad Fiddler?

• 18-03-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I live in the UK but get over to Ireland to listen to a lot of Trad music. I'm also helping out a very good (IMHO) young Scottish trad fiddler. He's going to be over in Ireland for a festival in Clare around the 10th/11th/12th August then playing in Ballydehob on the 13th August. We're then heading over to Kilkenny Arts festival to watch a few things but he could really do with another gig or two on the way there or in Kilkenny in the week beginning 14th August. Happy to do this on any reasonable basis (even a house concert basis) but may also depend on finding a suitable guitarist.

As a relative newbie I can't post links but you should find some videos and links on his website (google for Ryan Young Scotland)

He is the BBC Alba 'Up and Coming Artist of the Year' and has opened for Martin Hayes at Celtic Connections and has played with Dennis Cahill.

So if anyone can help, point me in the way of sone possible contacts or venues or indeed wants to promote a small gig yourself; give me a shout.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement