Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Creche Dublin

• 18-03-2017 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

We have a 6-month-old son and we're looking for a creche in Dublin.
    Can anyone recommend a creche for under a €1000 a month?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Angelica24

Hi,

My little boy goes to the YMCA crèche on Aungier Street which is one of the cheapest crèches in the area. I think it's €910 per month and they're very flexible regarding attending part time, unlike most other crèches. I'm very happy with it so far.it seems to be run in a non profit manner so it has a different ethos from crèche chains whose bottom line is money making, IMO
    PJ4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We have a 6-month-old son and we're looking for a creche in Dublin.
    Can anyone recommend a creche for under a €1000 a month?

Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Where in Dublin?
    what hours?
    5 days a week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

Angelica24 wrote: »
    Hi,

My little boy goes to the YMCA crèche on Aungier Street which is one of the cheapest crèches in the area. I think it's €910 per month and they're very flexible regarding attending part time, unlike most other crèches. I'm very happy with it so far.it seems to be run in a non profit manner so it has a different ethos from crèche chains whose bottom line is money making, IMO

I had a look at this creche but was a bit shocked when they told me that the little ones' bed ratio is one to three. They told me they have a box with bed sheets and would change it whenever one of the three assigned babies of this bed wants to sleep - not sure what they do when two of them are sleepy at the same time or even all three of them as many children younger than twelve months lack a proper schedule. I also felt it looked less hygienic than Giraffe or Safari for example.

I am not trying to talking down your recommendation. Maybe it has has changed from what I was shown mid 2016 but it would be good to watch out for such points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

I would recommend to also read the most recent inspection report for any creche you may consider. They are posted online on the Tusla website or else the creche has to have them handy. That will give you a very helpful idea of what issues that creche may have that you missed when being shown around.

Advertisement