Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Personalised Leap Card

Options
  • 18-03-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey,

I recently have lost my Personalised leap card (ones with my picture and name on it), it is a taxsaver type which means the company I work for applies for a Monthly taxsaver ticket for me to use on it.

In terms of replacing this leap card, does anyone have any experience with how to go about this?
    Do I need to contact my company and say I lost my leap card or can I just choose to replace it online? I have my leap card registered so I can replace it easily but I am concerned if it will still be personalised leap card with the same number so that I can avoid the hassle of contacting my company to say I lost my leap.

Also, I still have like a few days left of my taxsaver Monthly ticket, if I order a new leap card (assuming I receive it this following week), will I still be able to use my ticket?

Cheers for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The first thing is to report the loss to Leap Card and order a new card. https://about.leapcard.ie/lost-card

They should be able to issue a replacement card in a few days. I imagine, but can't be certain, that March's ticket will be put on that. You will lose the value of the ticket for the weekend.

I suspect you will have a new card number, so you will have to tell however does the ticket buying in work - be aware of the ordering date might be a week before the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Get onto your taxsaver admin in the job and they will do it for you. Failing that, get onto Taxsaver yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭XPS_Zero

Anyone know what bank Leap use for refunds?

Trying to figure out how long it will take

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shiin

Okay, so I have contacted my company and they said I have to replace the card myself. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has any experience with this or how they went about it.

I will contact TaxSaver tickets ASAP on Monday to see how everything goes. Im not sure but I hope I do still get to keep my March ticket and also having the April Ticket on it.

Just a little info, I have been checking the card occasionally, I see that it is not being used so therefore assuming it may be in the lost and found of Dublin Bus which I was on when I think I lost it. I will check Monday and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I had to go to an office outside of Connolly. They sent out a new one about a week later. My card failed though, I didn't lose it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 shiin

Was it the same card number as you had before Beauf?

Did you get everything you had on the previous card back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭beauf

No idea about the number.

It only had a tax saver on it. That was put back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

shiin wrote: »
    Okay, so I have contacted my company and they said I have to replace the card myself. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has any experience with this or how they went about it.

I will contact TaxSaver tickets ASAP on Monday to see how everything goes. Im not sure but I hope I do still get to keep my March ticket and also having the April Ticket on it.

Just a little info, I have been checking the card occasionally, I see that it is not being used so therefore assuming it may be in the lost and found of Dublin Bus which I was on when I think I lost it. I will check Monday and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help guys!

If it was found or handed up to a BAC Driver they will have returned to their Depot Admin,who will forward it to Leapcard.They will usually return registered LEAP or STUDENT cards to their owners.
    If it was handed in over the weekend,it will,most likely,take until Monday PM to surface with LEAP.

I would say there is a good chance you will recover it.

IF you have any idea of the Bus Route you were travelling on,you could try contacting the relevant Depot by Phone.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

AlekSmart wrote: »
    If it was found or handed up to a BAC Driver they will have returned to their Depot Admin,who will forward it to Leapcard.They will usually return registered LEAP or STUDENT cards to their owners.
    If it was handed in over the weekend,it will,most likely,take until Monday PM to surface with LEAP..

This happened to me but since I phoned the depot myself feeling I left my card on there the driver gave it back to me the next morning since it was a guy who used to drive me pretty much every working day for years if I got that particular bus.

Advertisement